Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clarkson

john1944

I have just been watching the Sunday Idiot pulling to pieces the Citroen Picasso. I have owned a few Citroens during my life, and most recently a Picasso Exclusive and C2. Quite frankly I found them extremely nice vehicles. The C2 did 70 m.p.g. cost £35 to tax and was a comfortable and sporty car for two.

The Picasso was extremely comfortable, economic, reliable and packed with many accessories not found as standard on more expensive vehicles. Clarkson seems to have an objection to any car under £100000, probably due to the £2 1/2 million he rapes from t.v. every year.

I do not think Top Gear is of any interest to the ordinary man in the street, I think his spot ouught to be taken by the Tellytubbies !!

Nahh not at all, Clarksons always been very fond of the Yaris and thats a sub-10k supermini!

He's always been opinionated, it's hardly breaking news that he dislikes a French car! He's never really liked any of them! :lol:

I do not think Top Gear is of any interest to the ordinary man in the street, I think his spot ouught to be taken by the Tellytubbies !!

Yes but you watch it :D

Paul.

I have just been watching the Sunday Idiot pulling to pieces the Citroen Picasso. I have owned a few Citroens during my life, and most recently a Picasso Exclusive and C2. Quite frankly I found them extremely nice vehicles. The C2 did 70 m.p.g. cost £35 to tax and was a comfortable and sporty car for two.

The Picasso was extremely comfortable, economic, reliable and packed with many accessories not found as standard on more expensive vehicles. Clarkson seems to have an objection to any car under £100000, probably due to the £2 1/2 million he rapes from t.v. every year.

Clarkson is an absolute legend, there are alot of cars that do what the C2 and picasso do, there not special and they brake down more than others due to being french!

Clarkson is very strong minded but has a dam good opinion if my eyes!

LONG LIVE TOP GEAR!!

In my opinion , it isn't meant to be ... it's 3 guys , who love driving , having a laugh ... how boring would it be if they reviewed cars that we could all afford?!

Clarkson is a ledge . End of .. if you'd rather watch telly tubbies ... why don't you ?!

Not meaning to come across as harsh but people who whine on about how Top gear annoy me ... it's not meant to be taken seriously !!

/ rant

With respect if you don't care for the format of "Top Gear" turn over or you could watch 5th gear. I don't care for French cars, lift a bonnet on a French car & behold a horrible sight, like a childs dirty bedroom. I happen to like Alfa's, but I stopped buying them years ago due to reliability problems that could pop up with any part of the car. Horses for courses.

Clarkson may have a big mouth, but I find it quite refreshing to have some one on tele who tells it how it is. Early vectra? Sorry for rant, but most people drive your average run of the mill car day in day out. Much nicer to see cars that you aspire to or just dream about.

I love topgear and it does what it is supposed to...entertain!!

and they dont poo poo all normal cars, they were very nice about the Aygo, but then who wouldnt be :lol:

You dont like Saint Jeremy ? Then I recommend this -

istockphoto_1972504_switch_off1.jpg

I love topgear and they were very nice about the Aygo, but then who wouldnt be :lol:

:lol: Me... :P

Yes but you have already proven in other threads that not only your judgement/eyesight is poor, but your mental stability is also in question :lol:

:P

He's opinionated & not scared to speak his mind. He really dislikes French cars because more often than not they're very poorly built & very unreliable, that's his opinion, he's entitled to it & paid to discuss that opinion. If you really can't bare to listen to what he has to say & can't just ignore him then watch something else. The teletubbies have their own show, if you'd prefer to watch a teletubby instead of Clarkson watch the show they're on instead the show Clarkson's on, easy

I love topgear and they were very nice about the Aygo, but then who wouldnt be :lol:

Yes but you have already proven in other threads that not only your judgement/eyesight is poor, but your mental stability is also in question :lol:

:P I like Clarkson, just not little shopping cars,nowt wrong with that! :wacko:

:lol: you seen the aygos boot? no room for shopping :P I would debate further but feel thats belongs in another thread I gave up in ages ago :rolleyes:

:P I like Clarkson, just not little shopping cars,nowt wrong with that! :wacko:

Ladies, you've got an 11 page thread there discussing that subject, don't ruin another thread by bickering about that crap in here too

He's opinionated, xenophobic, sails close to the edge and is able to insult nationalities wholesale in one sentence and that, at least in part, is why people watch him/Top Gear. IMO, the show's becoming formulaic, but the formula still works. The camera work is masterful, especially on the track test; the banter's good, most of the time. Just when you think they've had their day, they pull something out of the hat like the trip to the North Pole. Personally, I think they've "peaked" (but maybe after 11 series, you do run out of ideas) but I'm still watching....

probably due to the £2 1/2 million he rapes from t.v. every year.

Lord, I'm in the wrong job, though :o

Top Gear as years ago (original top gear here guys), was all about the normal cars most of us own. Sorry but that is boring, the only thing that made it better to watch was the messing about and insults. Why would we want to see a show telling us which cars we should drive for our everyday use. We've got Parkers online for that!!

When the format was changed at its return after its break, it was aimed at entertainment. People love cars. People love cars they're never likely to own and we all want to see what those cars can do. Add that to great banter, mocking, challenges and track racing. Then what do you get? A great show that brings in the views week after week.

As for Clarkson, well he's driven more cars than most of the people on the planet have. So he's going to have a better idea of what makes a good car, than most of us. Ok he doesn't like French cars, I don't either but hey we all hate either a certain manufacturer or model of car. He has opinions just like all of us, but he's just lucky enough to say what he thinks and people love it! You should read he's books!

The show is excellent, the challenges are great, its all great and I'm more than happy that my licence money helps pay for the show.

..... it's not meant to be taken seriously !!

Exactly :thumbsup:

Top Gear has evolved into pure entertainment with a motoring theme and does not pretend to be anything other than that :)

Anyway.... a programme that has Kate Silverton, an Essex babe, and Fiona Bruce on it is certain to get my support :yes: :P

Clarkson is an absolute legend, there are alot of cars that do what the C2 and picasso do, there not special and they brake down more than others due to being french!

LONG LIVE TOP GEAR!!

I must be lucky then. I have a Kangoo Van from new. 200,640 miles on the clock. 1 cylinder head gasket a couple of years ago. New clutch @ 200,000 miles. Original silencer. Never left me stranded . Going like a sewing machine. In its 11th year now. Agents used to use me as example. She was serviced within 100 miles of due mileage. :lol:

LONG LIVE TOP GEAR!!

I must be lucky then. I have a Kangoo Van from new. 200,640 miles on the clock. 1 cylinder head gasket a couple of years ago. New clutch @ 200,000 miles. Original silencer. Never left me stranded . Going like a sewing machine. In its 11th year now. Agents used to use me as example. She was serviced within 100 miles of due mileage. :lol:

French car critics are usually people who have never owned one. If I had a Rav 180 I would only be too happy to trade it for a Citroen

i think clarkson is great... hammond is cute... and captain slow is just bliddy funny as!

LOVE top gear...

HATE 5th gear...

Really? My dad bought a new van for the 1st ever time (he's always bought vans that are a couple of years old with low mileage), it was a Kangoo & had no end of problems, he said it was by far the worst thing he's ever bought

French car critics are usually people who have never owned one. If I had a Rav 180 I would only be too happy to trade it for a Citroen

I think you're wrong, have you ever seen the Top Gear surveys? They ask car owners if they'd recommend their car to someone else & usually about 8 of the worst 10 are French. That's not a good sign to me & everyone I've asked who's had 1 has always said they've had a lot more problems than other cars. I'm sure you'll find the odd 1 that's reliable (I know a woman who had an old Punto for years without a problem) but generally speaking they're really poorly built & I think the majority of people who've owned them will agree

French cars = sh^t and yes I've had four of them in the past. As for the T180, I would have one in a minute if it came

without runflats. In fact I would have one with runflats before buying something french.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links