Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Dashboard Bulbs - Corolla Year 2000

shellman

I have a 2000 Corolla GLS 1.6 5 door and having looked at my workshop manual, I cannot see how to replace the small bulbs which illuminate the heater and fan control knobs. Can anyone advise how this is done please ?

shellman

First, wear thin rubber gloves to get the bulbs out. Remove the vertical code console plastic trim, and unscrew the air/con heater control unit... disconnect the plug, open up the unit,(think there,s a small screw holds front to back) and you will see several little black buttons on the back of the PCB.

btw, check this one for tools: www.expertvillage.com/video/112484_tools-replacing-dashboard-lights.htm

Autopartswarehouse.com Auto Modifications.

• 1 month later...

I'm having to do this myself and will post pictures when i have got new bulbs.

The process is quite simple.

First remove completly the gater around the gear lever and the plastic piece of the console.

Next remove just the middle heater control know, the fan, by pulling. leave the outside 2 as they are fixed.

Remove the screw from behind the removed knob.

Underneath the radio there are 2 cutouts in the top of the centre console that you need to put a large flat blade screw driver in th lever the console out. Put a rag behind the screw driver to protect the radio. Then graduall prise this forward.

Slowly work your way down the sides of the console with your fingers pulling it out as it is only held in with clips.

Once you have this piece of plastic is out reach up and behind the centre of the control knobs and grasp firmly the, what feels like an electrical connector, and press in the two sides, then push this towards the front of the car. Mine was a bit of a struggle and came out a little lob sided.

In this are the two bulbs for the controlls, can't read what they are but i am guessing it will be in some sort of manual. I'll be getting relacements tomorrow.

Refitting should be the reverse of removal.

Job done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links