Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

After Taking Off My Battery.. I Lack Power

gemzie87

The Battery was taken off by my dad to install a alarm and remote locking (its one of them eBay ones ! eek I know but I cant afford the proper one being a poor student)

but after it was installed I turned the car on- gave it a few revs and it seemed to be missing a few times or idling unevenly. The connections were all fine however - confused!!!!

So we took the alarm off and it was still not perfect. It seemed to lack power when i took it for a spin. i drove it around for a while and it felt fine after about 15 minutes- Is this something to do with the computer resetting itself?

Its all back to normal now.. but was curious as to whether this always happens when the Battery is disconnected? Its a yaris gs (x reg)

I think that if the ecu has reset itself then the car might take a while to set itself back up to your driving style. I am sure it will sort itself out. Good luck and keep us informed.

When I finally got through to them , Toyota said simular thing as you aandy! phew! lol thanks

Had exactly the same after changing the Battery on my 1.0gs, sorted itself out after a short run and re-start.

Mark

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links