Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear Change Difficult E12 2002

macdonb2

hey does anyone find when changing down gears mainly 4th to 3rd the gear box just won't allow you to go into 3rd temporarily or gets abit stuck? i don't think it's due to my engine speed as i normally slow down to an apt speed for srd.

cheers

Brian.

Push your clutch down a bit more then!! :lol:

Only kidding :thumbsup:

No, can't say i've had a problem with my gear changing.

But saying that, i sometime crunch my 2nd gear, but as i said before, need to push me clutch down bit more :blush:

Same also happens to me with some of my gears they screech and dont go in but thats because i dont put the clutch fully down. Sometimes however i find it hard to get it into first gear as it doesnt fully lock into gear.

But nothing with third gear.

yea i had this 3rd gear problem on mine.. erm... basically you need to have the gear box opened up.. then realined..

im sorry i cant explain clearly .. but like the sections made for you gear stick to move along during gear changed can come out of line.. and simply they need straightening up.. this therefore "clears the path" for the gears to go properly..

I hope this was useful ..lol

sounds expensive might just leave it don't fancy having the gear box opened!! cheers for replys though!!

• 16 years later...
On 7/25/2008 at 3:51 PM, macdonb2 said:

hey does anyone find when changing down gears mainly 4th to 3rd the gear box just won't allow you to go into 3rd temporarily or gets abit stuck? i don't think it's due to my engine speed as i normally slow down to an apt speed for srd.

cheers

Brian.

Hi, 

Was this ever fixed? I have exactly the same issue for a while now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links