Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stolen Catallitic Converter

crow b8

Ok as I said in my intro, I am new to the Toyota family, and have only had my boy for a week, on top of the hoops I need to jump to get it licensed, titled and registered here in Wa, I drove it up from California, just this past night some ***** cut out my catallitic converter, along with 3 others on my block, and my head is full of nasty little thoughts on what I would like to do this this person for messing with my crow b8, not to mention the cost of replacing it. Worse it just galls me that these yahoos took it for the metal inside, that has become more valuable over the past months.

Now my question is this, once I can replace the converter, is there ANYTHING I can do to deter any future thefts? Has anyone had to deal with this and come up with a creative means of securing the converter so that it makes it harder to get out? The officer that responded to my call, I did file a complaint, said that with the placing of the converter it probably took all of three minutes to get it out, I would like to do something, anything to make this more of a hassle for any future ***** off with the thought of stealing from my truck again. Any thoughts? All are welcomed. I look forward to all responses. Guys help a gal out here.

sorry to hear that, i have not heard of it happening over here yet :shutit:

they steal the petrol at the moment over here :angry:

my ideas would be

get a decat pipe, then just put your cat on when you need it for tests,

or lower the car to the floor ..so they cant get underneath your car :rolleyes:

the only other thing i can think of is to get a small bit of weld on the nuts.

Unfortunately it is happening over here :( CLICKY usually from 4X4's so it might be worth looking into some sort of security if it could involve you :yes:

Les

WTF!? :huh:

Who wants to steal a cat?

I must have thrown away about 10 of them over the years :lol:

WTF!? :huh:

Who wants to steal a cat?

I must have thrown away about 10 of them over the years :lol:

You've thrown away a small fortune in scrap metal, especially at todays prices. The platinium or rodium(? :unsure: ) in the cat is worth a very pretty penny.

Cool, in that case i'll take my pile of cats to the local metal merchant this weekend :thumbsup:

Cool, in that case i'll take my pile of cats to the local metal merchant this weekend :thumbsup:

Result! :thumbsup:

Hope you get a good price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links