Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Corner Splitters

John R

These look similar to the ones I'm getting. But obviously I can't tell without a make name etc.

My ones are Pheonix Power Rear Corner Splitters... also cost me twice as much as those ones on eBay.

I've seen that person sell quite a few bodyparts on eBay recently. But are they good quality etc ??? ... you dunno.... With Russ, at least you do know.

I've seen that person sell quite a few bodyparts on ebay recently. But are they good quality etc ??? ... you dunno.... With Russ, at least you do know.

No they are not good quality.

I know someone who had a Bomex front from him and it was a nightmare to fit. i dont even think he's a proper fibreglass laminator!!!

Jase from MTTE has been using him, but now wants to use ME instead.

Thanks for the compliment Jimlad.

:thumbsup:

Russ

Jase has been using him ?!?!? OH NO!!!!

That's where I got all my stuff from... ( with the exception of my rear wing and skirts ) No !!!!!!!! :o

Oh well... I'll leave it to the bodyshop to get it fitted properly....

now I wanna go cry. BAH !

This is an email I sent to MTTE querying these parts.. also along with a reply. I don't think it's fair to bad mouth them without getting both sides of the story.

Hi there Jase,

I have purchased quite alot from you guys in the past. Lately quite alot of bodyparts for my MR2. Bomex nose, front and rear splitters.

I am a member of the TOC ( Toyota Owners Club ), and have heard that the quality of these parts are not that great. Also you are looking to use Russel now for your bodyparts as opposed to your current supplier.

Do you know of any issues etc with your current suppliers work ? What happens if I do run into any ?

thanks,

James

---------------

Hiya James

Happy New Year to you.

The 'style' aero parts we sell are significantly better quality than there original Japanese counterpart. We import the original jap stuff every week as well as selling our own 'style' versions so we are in a good position to make comparisons and comments on what is good quality and what is not. For example, our 'style' kits, in places, can be up to 3x thicker than the originals, which in turn, gives a more sturdy, rigid product, which dosnt have that flimsy flex like other aero kits have. We are improving our 'style' kits all the time and are willing to make amends accordingly if it helps give our customers a better product. All our 'style' products are sold ready for priming and painting and other bodyshop routine work that is to be expected as standard practice. We recommend all our kits are fitted by professional fibreglass staff as dealing with fibreglass is a special skills which some bodyshop staff have no experience in.

Considering the quantity that we have sold of our 'style' kits, we have never had one complaint in any shape way or form (weve sold many in total, not only to UK, but all of Europe, New Zealand and USA). We welcome all comments on our 'style' kits as it helps us to know of any problems no matter what the scale so we can rectify them in the future. Ofcourse, if people are having problems and not informing us, then it is impossible for us to deal with their issues.

I hope this email dosnt sound like original aero kits from Japan are poor. There are some original Japanese aero kits out there where the quality is up to our standards, but it is important to remember that even original kits from Japan can vary in quality greatly (whilst also being more expensive).

We started out replicating the originals because they where not up to our standards. However, some customers like the idea of having the original kit so we cater for them also. I personally have no problems with the quality of our 'style' kits and for price/quality ratio, they cannot be beaten. Many other kit makers claim their kits are good, but weve seen there stuff and it aint nice(!)

I have been in discussion with Russ Spencer only this past week with regards to him supplying some of the 'style' parts that he manufacturs. Hopefully we can do business together which in turn, provides the MR2 community with quality products and service.

Given the amount of 'style' kits that we aim to manufacture in the future, it is much better for us to have many different suppliers in order to meet demands. One company alone simply wont be able to supply us with the quality products we expect, in the timescale required.

Hope this answers your query

Take care

Jase

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links