Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Drivr With A Yaris Vvti!

rebagnall

Hi All,

I'm new (to driving, Yaris's and this forum!!) so please bear with me! I am the proud owner of a T reg Yaris VVTi - the most basic model but I'm not complaining!

I have a couple of queries...does anyone know what the purpose of the red light is slightly to the right of the key ignition on the dash? I can't seem to find any reason for it! Also, by the tape player I have another flashing light entitled 'security' - I don't have an alarm so is this just a bit of fakery to put off potential thieves or does it actually do something? Is it an immobiliser? Sorry for sounding thick but the girl I bought it of didn't know and I can't find any reference to it in the manual!

Secondly, I want to install a cd player (I only have a tape player and a moulded hole where a cd player should be!) I have read the other link about this on here, but I'm not sure if this is relevant as my car has no cd player in the first place - anyone else installed one in this model? Finally, the radio doesn't work - I can only get AM frequency and can get only fuzz in FM mode - the aerial seems to be ok, but if any one can shed any light that would be great!

Sorry to bombard you with questions - any help is very much appreciated!!!

Cheers!

Ruth

by the tape player I have another flashing light entitled 'security' - I don't have an alarm so is this just a bit of fakery to put off potential thieves or does it actually do something? Is it an immobiliser? Sorry for sounding thick but the girl I bought it of didn't know and I can't find any reference to it in the manual!

That is the immobiliser warning light for everyone to see, altho it is really only best visible in the dark.

I can't help with your other q's, sorry but welcome to TOC & to the world of Yaris :)

Fitting a CD player is very easy! We had the same problem with our FM radio not working just like you so just install a new radio/cd player and then you'll be laughing.

Halfords will install it for £20 for you if you can't do it yourself.

Simon

Thanks for the help! I've now altered my insurance to take the immobiliser into account (not that it made much difference but hey!) and I'll be off to Halfords I think - I've only just worked out how to change a wheel so I think I'll leave the fiddly stuff to the experts!

Cheers all!

I dunno about the security light. Wonder about it sometimes myself :S. Yeh the new radio should be easy enough. I would recommend a cd changer. Jus wack the controls under the tape player in the slot next to the cigarette lighter. Some sealer a bit of wiring later. Put in ur changer where u want and ur done. Not as easy as that but if ur plannin on long journeys and don't want to have to change cd's manually can be worth it or get a radio with an Aux in line for an ipod?

that little light which you say is beside the key bit... It might be a LED from an alarm that might have been fitted and removed. It might not be connected , I only think this because Ive just had an alarm installed on my yaris and thats the only place I could find to put a LED! lol hope you find what your looking for :)

Always happy to have another yaris owner in the world :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links