Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Found This Spider Over My Daughters Cot Bed...

Fizz

That happeded to me on my driving test!!!!!!!

I almost shat myself!!!!

I'd pulled up along side a car to do a parallell park and this massive spider walked accross the windscreen!!

I absolutley mullered my parking, i hit the kerb and everything!!

The driving examiner was very understanding though, he got rid of the spider and let me do the manouver again, and then passed me!!

What a lovely little man he was!

xxxx

I noticed a cobweb on the inside passengers window in Boro Sera's car the other day as we were on our way back from Whitby.

I thought nothing of it........then a few moments later out pops this spider. It wasn't huge but it still had eight legs and lots of eyes!

Now, I was very proud of myself because, spider + enclosed space + and no one to retrieve spider = slow rising panic in normal circumstances.

But did I jump into the back seats...NOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

Did I climb on Rich's shoulders begging him to get it out of the car, um no.

Did I scramble over Rich to get out on the drivers side ....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (but I did think about it)

I sat there and I did nothing...I sure as hell wasn't going to touch it. Rich put the window down and the spider either flew out or was squished when the window went up.

Either way, I don't care how it disappeared I was just relieved that it did!

When we had the warm weather a few weeks ago I was leaving my sunroof tilted to try and keep the car cool while at work.

Went home one evening and just pulled up at the petrol pump and noticed a HUUUUGE spider just walking down the A pillar. Knocked it out of the car when I got out, when I went to pay the girl asked what I had been doing so I told her. Then she said "Oh yeah, I can see it walking across the forecourt now" I was right at the back but you could see this spider walking along, that's how big it was!

Oh and the spider in the OP looks like a brown recluse. Very common in the UK, and yes they can bite. As has been mentioned they can cause an alergic reaction and swell up like mad.

Do they bite out of aggression or self defence ? Other possibility, do they feed on blood ?

If their bite can cause Humans trouble, a fly would have no chance. :sick:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH my god i hate spiders that is soo horrible to think that was in ur house :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

When we had the warm weather a few weeks ago I was leaving my sunroof tilted to try and keep the car cool while at work.

Went home one evening and just pulled up at the petrol pump and noticed a HUUUUGE spider just walking down the A pillar. Knocked it out of the car when I got out, when I went to pay the girl asked what I had been doing so I told her. Then she said "Oh yeah, I can see it walking across the forecourt now" I was right at the back but you could see this spider walking along, that's how big it was!

Oh and the spider in the OP looks like a brown recluse. Very common in the UK, and yes they can bite. As has been mentioned they can cause an alergic reaction and swell up like mad.

Yep, It does ! I Googled Brown Recluse & according to all the info, they are only mentioned as being in parts of the States.

Doesn't mean that they couldn't stowaway in freight coming over. Seems that they are rated along with Black Widows. Only deaths from their bites are kids under 7.

They aren't aggressive, & only bite if hurt, threatened or disturbed. If there is one in your bed & you roll over onto it, it will let you know. Likewise, if it is in your shoe :fear::eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Beast! :)

We get them like that in our house, mainly loitering about in the garage around my tool box or somewhere around the MR2.

When i rebuilt the headlamps on the 2 i removed one of the 'lids' off the headlight unit to find an 'egg sack' underneath(!) and plenty of web, hoping to find a sizeable culprit...

Alas i found a crusty old spider carcass so assuming it was dead i went to start unbolting the light unit, just for a monster about and inch and a half in length sprung out from behind it, obviously the reason why the other one was dead.

It 'jumped' off the top of the light unit, did a 180 and legged it under the car, keen to see where it was going i knelt down.

It then ran up to the wheel from the reverse, climbed up inside, and met another arachnid that had built a web between two of the wheelspokes, climbed on the web, gave it a good kicking, causing smaller spider to make a quick exit, then pinched a recently web wrapped bug, jumped down from the wheel and then legged it up to the back wheel carrying its 'dinner' and sat under the tyre.

It now resides in the offside wheel well and pops out every now and then.

I just thought the drama was awesome!

Beast! :)

We get them like that in our house, mainly loitering about in the garage around my tool box or somewhere around the MR2.

When i rebuilt the headlamps on the 2 i removed one of the 'lids' off the headlight unit to find an 'egg sack' underneath(!) and plenty of web, hoping to find a sizeable culprit...

Alas i found a crusty old spider carcass so assuming it was dead i went to start unbolting the light unit, just for a monster about and inch and a half in length sprung out from behind it, obviously the reason why the other one was dead.

It 'jumped' off the top of the light unit, did a 180 and legged it under the car, keen to see where it was going i knelt down.

It then ran up to the wheel from the reverse, climbed up inside, and met another arachnid that had built a web between two of the wheelspokes, climbed on the web, gave it a good kicking, causing smaller spider to make a quick exit, then pinched a recently web wrapped bug, jumped down from the wheel and then legged it up to the back wheel carrying its 'dinner' and sat under the tyre.

It now resides in the offside wheel well and pops out every now and then.

I just thought the drama was awesome!

OWNEDLMFAO-1.jpg

Not only did it get a kicking & had to run away, but it had it's food robbed from a web it had painstakingly built to catch.

That sounds hilarious, vile but hilarious nonetheless :laughing:

Well and truely owned :lol:

I dont concider spiders as vile TBH, im more worried about the filth and disease ridden flys and associated insect scum, which spiders funnily enough eradicate :)

there was one like this in bridgys house last night above the couch about 10 mins after reading this! it was huge!! u could see the fang things on this one too

Well and truely owned :lol:

I dont concider spiders as vile TBH, im more worried about the filth and disease ridden flys and associated insect scum, which spiders funnily enough eradicate :)

Yeah, I can see their use, I hate flies too but the look of spiders goes through me & when I see 1 that's not small (as far as spiders go) my 1st reaction is 1 of panic. I'm a lot better than I was as kid & my mum still is but they still make me shudder

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links