Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing Costs

pdc

Hi Everybody,

Sorry my first post is a bit of a rant ! I would like your opinion on the following senario, just in case I'm overreacting a bit...

Mother ( 78 ) takes her 2 year old Yaris in for a service, 2 year service but only 6070 miles. Late that day a loverly young man from Y***** phones her up and "recommends" she has the air conditioning serviced, " Well if you recommend it I better have it done" says Mother. This adds £90 to her service bill. Now I don't know about you, but I would have thought that a car with only 6070 miles is hardly likely to need the pollen filter and air con filter replacing........to me it seems like a bit of "Double glazing" sales techniques..........what do you think?

Also, how many of you have recieved you letter inviting you the " Exclusive" Managers special offer of £99 over cost...

I feel better now!!

Hi Everybody,

Sorry my first post is a bit of a rant ! I would like your opinion on the following senario, just in case I'm overreacting a bit...

Mother ( 78 ) takes her 2 year old Yaris in for a service, 2 year service but only 6070 miles. Late that day a loverly young man from Y***** phones her up and "recommends" she has the air conditioning serviced, " Well if you recommend it I better have it done" says Mother. This adds £90 to her service bill. Now I don't know about you, but I would have thought that a car with only 6070 miles is hardly likely to need the pollen filter and air con filter replacing........to me it seems like a bit of "Double glazing" sales techniques..........what do you think?

Also, how many of you have recieved you letter inviting you the " Exclusive" Managers special offer of £99 over cost...

I feel better now!!

If the car has smelly air con that doesn't work to well, which is possible if its not used much, then they may not be telling any porkies. However you could get the same thing done for half the price at a non franchised dealer, its your call. On a low mileage car like that, i would more concerned about the dealer not replacing the air filter but still charging you for it. So check the invoice against the parts changed and check if they look like new.

Re the exclusive managers special, there a standard way of drumming up a bit of business, i have no issue with that.

Garages will always say you should have your aircon serviced every two years. Its suggested that you loose gas and need it topped up or replaced. Maybe right I don't know. My car is 6 years old now and I have not bothered having the aircon serviced as it blows cold as it ever did. I have thought about it but am of the opinion if it ain't broke don't fix it. £90 is expensive and I do wonder how quick fit do it for £45. I don't know what others think.........

Thanks for the replies.

I've no problem with the aircon needing topping up after 2 years, maybe it would lose a bit of gas, but my Rav 4 is 8 years old, 105,000 miles and the aircon has never been touched and is still as cold as it was when new! It just seemed to me to be an easy way to ramp up the service bill as I don't think that sales are that good at the moment and they've got to keep their nice shiny showroom going somehow...........or am I just too cynical?

Thanks for the replies.

I've no problem with the aircon needing topping up after 2 years, maybe it would lose a bit of gas, but my Rav 4 is 8 years old, 105,000 miles and the aircon has never been touched and is still as cold as it was when new! It just seemed to me to be an easy way to ramp up the service bill as I don't think that sales are that good at the moment and they've got to keep their nice shiny showroom going somehow...........or am I just too cynical?

The best way to service air conditioning is to use it for at least 30 minutes every week !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links