Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can The Management Please Respond

bjw

As the post says we have heard the comments from moderators !!! please can we have some input from the management with regards the changes made to the forums and what changes there may be in the future and what action if any that is going to be taken regarding the combining of some of the forums

The quote below is taken from a post in the Yaris Forum.

It is written by Steve who is Management.

"Hi Guys

I am going to start creating club sections for popular Toyota models (Yaris, Aygo and Auris will extend to more later) The reason for this is that popular models only have the forums to base their information from. Having a dedicated area for a particular model will help Yaris owners to create a more in depth knowledge base on the Yaris model on TOC. This will help membership increase and TOC become the place for in depth knowledge of particular models plus other models.

We will still be placing more in depth sections for other models throughout the range. Just that this takes a little while and I am starting at the more popular models."

That doesn't really explain why the sub forums were deleted.

A Yaris/Corolla etc Club would, in my opinion, have sub forums to make it easier for members to find the information they require relating to their particular model.

I too would be interested in hearing Management's explanation on this.

The Corolla T Sport banter has reduced considerably since this happened.

you cant please everyone, stop being whiney little children and get on with it

as was said to me when i wasnt happy with the forum, create your own banter etc etc

I really cant believe people are up in arms over this!

Is it really that important ?

Perhaps if the MR2 forum was put in the Paseo forum you might not be so happy

As a rule if I need any advice or info regarding my MR2 I will go to MR2 OC.

Your right, I may not be happy but I wouldn't throw my dummy out of the pram and walk away from a forum that I have been on for about 4 years and have many happy memories with and made some great friends whilst being a member.

It's all about ease of use.

This change makes using the site for info much harder and that can hardly be for the better.

as was said to me when i wasnt happy with the forum, create your own banter etc etc

Besides your comments being offensive I find your "off topic posters deserve to be drop kicked in the face" unnecessary , childish, and would like the mods to remove it as it displays the forum in not a very good way .

There is enough violence in the world without immature members seeking to glorify it

It's all about ease of use.

This change makes using the site for info much harder and that can hardly be for the better.

Harder to find info is that what this is all about?...putting a little bit more effort into searching for an item?

Well in that case.....walk away :rolleyes:

Does anyone want any cheese with their Whine........

This is a great forum, I've had a few roastings but hey we are all human.

Steve is just trying to improve TOC ..... Give it a chance

Remember, Plus ca change, Plus c'est la meme chose,

If things don't change, they will stay as they are :rolleyes:

Regardless of model T2 T3 TS etc it is still a Toyota and the info will be in the section for the model of your choice

I cant see any harm in it myself, in fact, I never really took any notice that there were sub forums. I only ever use the "view new posts" or "search" functions............sure some things dont work, I dont like etc but hey it has to be the best place for Toyota information around

Kingo :thumbsup:

Does no-one know how to use the "view new posts" feature?.. if its about finding the newer topics etc.. there is your answer!

Besides your comments being offensive I find your "off topic posters deserve to be drop kicked in the face" unnecessary , childish, and would like the mods to remove it as it displays the forum in not a very good way .

There is enough violence in the world without immature members seeking to glorify it

Riiiiiiight ok then

Well you seem to be the first to care, seeing as it has been there for well over 6 months.

It is about comedy, having a laugh and some fun

well seeing as its that the YARIS (or other models) tsports have been put into the YARIS section its not really the same is it? and to call someone childish then to come back with a childish comment, in effect, the same as "well you wouldnt like it if it happened to you"

Seems to me you are throwing the teddy out of the cot because you didnt get your way, get a life its not the end of the world

I find it somewhat incredible that people can get so wound up about something that exists in the virtual world :huh:

Ok, not all people accept change too easily but I don't see that anything on here warrants so many moans and groans. Some people will snipe at each other and thankfully most will simply exchange good humoured banter, this is what makes forums such as TOC as good as it is.

If anyone has 'constructive' criticism to make then how about sending a pm or two to those that run the show rather than posting up moans. I feel sure the guys that administer this forum will accept comments if they are given in a respectful way. No one has the perfect answer to every question posed and if a decent suggestion is put forward then surely it will be considered.

As for Hou's signature.... good grief get a life its not real and as he says "It is about comedy, having a laugh and some fun".... so lighten up please :thumbsup:

Well "management" are any of you gonna reply or are you just going to let the moderators take the stick for you lack of explanation and communication ????

Well "management" are any of you gonna reply or are you just going to let the moderators take the stick for you lack of explanation and communication ????

Les or Steve might not be available at this time.

Ditto. By the way, where do the starlet drivers get together ??

Les or Steve might not be available at this time.

Maybe, but its been read

Ever since the Sub forums were created I had a lot of suggestions from other members about removing them. Too many suggestions in fact. This wasn't an idea i had suddenly out of the blue, it was brought to the attention of the team some time ago and was agreed that these need to come off. I never knew that this would cause a lot of problems and upset some members. I apologise for this.

The T-sport really doesn't warrant it's own section though, afterall it is just a modification between the exsisting models and the T-sport.

However, what I do see the need is to split the car models up slightly so suit models ( as in Mark 1 and mark 2 etc) The yaris now has 2 models and needs splitting up in my opinion. But until i get the agreement from the team or everyone ask for these sections to be split then I will happily add this.

I am happy to listen to you guys, let the team talk and discuss with you and then we can work out something to make everyone happy.

Thanks for your reply Steve.

Behind the General Discussions forum, the Tsport sections appeared to be carrying the most traffic. Does this alone not justify putting them back ??

I know what is carrying the traffic and T-sport sections were not that. TBH i never know they would be so popular.

I am having a think about what to do and having a chat with the team to get agreement on where we are going forward with this.

Haha, this is all too funny,

why not split the groups into paint colour too, and err year of manufacture umm colour of window tint, etc etc etc

does it all really make any difference since most members with an ounce of common sense will title their threads in the correct manner so content/car specific derivetive is included?? just a thought peepls..

Mo.

Haha, this is all too funny,

why not split the groups into paint colour too, and err year of manufacture umm colour of window tint, etc etc etc

does it all really make any difference since most members with an ounce of common sense will title their threads in the correct manner so content/car specific derivetive is included?? just a thought peepls..

Mo.

Very Helpful..... How long, and how much "common sense" did it take you to think of that ????

You have an MR2. What the difference between an MR2 and a MR2 T bar Turbo. Errr no roof and a turbo. Whats the difference between a Corolla, another Corolla, another Corolla and a Corolla Tsport. Its not just a red Badge...........................

FYI Nichola, it has a roof but it's just removable glass sections! and it's a completely different engine/gearbox etc etc etc

just like ur little toy 'rolla T-pot!!!! apart from urs is a car for coffin dodgers with a slighty more powerful engine but sadly not enough power to pull the skin off custard!!!.

Also while we're at it please check grammar and punctuation before posting you !Removed!.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links