Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

130% ?

theone

Because no two engine are exactly alike probably , if you dyno 10 SR180's no two will be exactly the same . It allows fine adjustment if needed . Check peoples dyno results on this forum to see what i mean .

although the ecu knows how long each injector is open and the flow rate of that injector (hence why they need to be coded to the ecu) and it works out the mpg by knowing how much fuel is going in versus road speed. it has nothing to do with power output, that is more down to the way its been run in and serviced.

still not convinced. i will have an ask about at work and see if we have any documentation to clear it up

So I tried this about 15 mins. ago but a no go...

I did exactly what's said in here but I ended up resetting my OIL MAIN. SCHEDULE... :mellow:

I tried it again but it always resets the OIL MAIN. SCHEDULE...

Thank God I know exactly the kilometer, that I last changed my oil... Like 3 days ago. <_<

So then I tried holding down display button, nothing happens.

It was at Temperature/Clock/ODO.

I also tried with Temperature/Date/ODO...

One thing I have different from you guys is, MPG counter... Mine is set to show fuel consumption in liters per 100 kilometers...

I'm going to try it after setting it to MPG.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Mine is set to 95 and it is always within 0.5mpg out.

My MPG is usually 0.5mpg either side of the actual, but the range is always miles out.

Normally after a fill up (to the filler cap) i get in and find i have 390 miles left in the tank, although the last refill showed a range of 409 miles.

I normally see 300 miles from the first half tank, so its nowhere near accurate, which is annoying when you consider how close the overall MPG reading is.

My MPG is usually 0.5mpg either side of the actual, but the range is always miles out.

Normally after a fill up (to the filler cap) i get in and find i have 390 miles left in the tank, although the last refill showed a range of 409 miles.

I normally see 300 miles from the first half tank, so its nowhere near accurate, which is annoying when you consider how close the overall MPG reading is.

Yeah you would think it could "learn" roughly how far it can go on a full tank, even if the sender is floating high...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links