Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tomtom Sat Nav

skid11

I was supprised to find an update to my software on my tns400 tom tom. Version 7.831 is on now. it has map share but when i go on tom tom home to retreve map share downloads tom tom home shuts down when it reaches 20% . has anyone else had the same problem.

I was supprised to find an update to my software on my tns400 tom tom. Version 7.831 is on now. it has map share but when i go on tom tom home to retreve map share downloads tom tom home shuts down when it reaches 20% . has anyone else had the same problem.

Yup. Just this morning. Hooked mine up to me laptop so I could make a backup (no probs). I then downloaded and installed the new software okay but the map share keeps crashing. I noticed that in TomTom Home there's a banner on the left of the screen saying to visit the dealer for an upgrade. Mine is 5 minutes down the road so may well pop there lunchtime.

Quick update. Phoned my dealer (ToyotaWorld Newport) and they haven't got a date yet for an upgrade.

Also - had a word with me boss. He's got a non-Toyota TomTom and he mentioned that the MapShare update didn't work for him in the office but it's fine at home (our firewall apparently). I will try at home tonight and report back.

Quick update. Phoned my dealer (ToyotaWorld Newport) and they haven't got a date yet for an upgrade.

Also - had a word with me boss. He's got a non-Toyota TomTom and he mentioned that the MapShare update didn't work for him in the office but it's fine at home (our firewall apparently). I will try at home tonight and report back.

I was called by my Dealer yesterday and have been in today and now have the upgraded TomTom version.

Hopefully this will be the end of the crashing issues

Finally managed to get chance yesterday to try downloading the updates from home. The strange this was that it (appeared) to download/install 1 lot of corrections but not a 2nd lot. Didn't investigate too much though cos I had "proper" work to be getting on with.

• 2 months later...

Hi - got my new Yaris in March. Nav kept freezing, could use the phone (one I especially bought for this car) but can't use phonebook. Also MP3 doesn't work. Mine can just click into usb port in car but it says there is nothing on it. Eventually after taking car back twice and waiting for new sat nav and radio unit, my cd stuck and I couldn't use any of the buttons even the volume. Fortunately I had just started to reduce the sound when it happened but very annoying. Told by dealer cannot get cd out so had to put up with the radio on all the time. Eventually sorted - apparently not enough memory in SD card but now got everything new fitted and seems to be working but still can't use MP3 and no one seems to know why or to help me. Someone suggested it was the way I had put music onto my MP3 but as far as I can remember I just did it like everyone else does. The system seems to be working and I have the speed cameras too but occasionally it does not respond. I am still waiting for my CD to be returned.

Its a pity there is a major problem with Tomtom etc as Toyota Yaris cars have been brilliant, hence this is my third one. My suggestion would be Tomtom should train up someone in the dealerships to show people how to work the system with the phone and MP3. The dealership is very helpful and courteous etc etc but not everyone is clued up on these things.

Anyone any suggestions about the MP3 bit of it as I would love to be able to use mine.

I can't use some types of MP3 players in my Yaris. Luckily, my son is good with technology and had an MP3 player which can be formatted to match the car. It's an Iriver Clix. Needless to say, I now have his Iriver Clix. Unfortunately, he is away at the moment for any info on formatting but hope this may be of some use to you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links