Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Please (20 Valve Or Agze Motor

Elton

Hi guys

Im planning on upgrading from a 1.3 motor to something more bigger and powerful..... the question that i often stumble over is should i go for a 20 Valve (silver top) engine or should i settle for the 4 AGZE supercharged motor and snap on a bolt on turbo on that......

any idea which will make more power?

Looking forward to your responses :)

and thanks once again for posting :)

Hi guys

Im planning on upgrading from a 1.3 motor to something more bigger and powerful..... the question that i often stumble over is should i go for a 20 Valve (silver top) engine or should i settle for the 4 AGZE supercharged motor and snap on a bolt on turbo on that......

Looking forward to your responses :)

Another question would be..... between the black top and silver top...... which wid be easier to tune???

and thanks once again for posting :)

I haven't driven the 20valve but I do have a supercharged 4A-GZE in my Corolla. The charger kicks in at 1700 revs and maximum power od 198 bhp is at 7326 rpm. and I've got more than 140lbin of torque from 2500rpm all the way up to the rev limiter - set at 7500rpm. BUT IT WASN'T CHEAP!!!!!!!!!! THere's lots more info on my website www.ae111sr.co.uk - take a look. The guy who did my engine transplant did a 20valve conversion for himself then took it out and replaced it with 2 litre 3S-GTE turbo from Celica GT4 - he said that to get the 20 valve to go anywhere he had to rev the nuts of it.

Id go for the 20v myself drove one of them supercharged turbo's and there nothing special

Im thinking of going 20 Valve as well..... The thing with the 4 AGZE motor is i was planning on removing the Supercharger and installing a T3/T4 turbo...but in conclusion the Piping and labour is costing me alot.... so i think for now the 20 Valve motor will make good power for myself considering that im gonna be using the car for every day driving..... Also was advised that i could run the 1.3 Gear Box on that..... its a 5 speed box....the car will be fast on Take off yet a little dead on Top end.... :) well if it goes 0 - 180 in about a minute :) im happy :) lol :) not really interested in Top end :)

Thanks for your help Guys.....Take care

AE111SR with regards to your post

"I haven't driven the 20valve but I do have a supercharged 4A-GZE in my Corolla. The charger kicks in at 1700 revs and maximum power od 198 bhp is at 7326 rpm. and I've got more than 140lbin of torque from 2500rpm all the way up to the rev limiter - set at 7500rpm. BUT IT WASN'T CHEAP!!!!!!!!!! THere's lots more info on my website www.ae111sr.co.uk - take a look. The guy who did my engine transplant did a 20valve conversion for himself then took it out and replaced it with 2 litre 3S-GTE turbo from Celica GT4 - he said that to get the 20 valve to go anywhere he had to rev the nuts of it."

the 20 Valve has power :) of cos its nothing compared to a turbo :) but yeah it does have power for me :) with regards to the guy revin the 20 Valve for it to go somewhere.... i dont really understand that..cos the VVT-LI kicks in at 4000 Rpms once ure revs hits that u will get ure true performance of the engine,,,all the way to limiter ;) so yeah that can be adjusted with regards to Mapping the Management system?

Thanks Guys.... im going 20 Valve... ;) something i can drive everyday and something thats not too heavy on juice too ;)

Thanks for all ure advice....much appreciated :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links