Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Most Functional Rims

PHILGTS

my question is: what makes a good rim? for instance, will an 18" rim with a low profile tire handle better than a 15" rim with a regular tire? what factors should be considered when choosing a rim (besides aesthetics and weight)?

Depends on the car and the application!!!

I would personally never go over the factory tyre rolling radius unless I am building an off roader!

A Lower profile tyre means more lateral control on a perfect smooth surface, but will offer less consistent control over bumps (and all roads have them somewhere!)

Larger wheels leave room for larger brakes (obviously).

To put it bluntly there is no exact answer, but say what you need and there may be a preferred choice in your application.

My car runs lightweight forged alloy 19s from factory... great on smooth surfaces... a little harsh on the rubbish roads where I live; the suspension has to work harder to keep things consistent!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links