Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can Anyone Help Rosie?

Remoh1

Is there a dog that looks like them thats banned? Dont know where i got that info from- lol

Charlie - i think it should be the other way round lol - ban the dogs bring on the guns :D

Technically, no breeds are entirely banned. It's just that your're unlikely to come into custody of any of these dogs by legal means. The 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act imposed severe restrictions on these four breeds:

American Pit Bull terriers, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino and Fila Braziliero. The act also covers dogs that have the physical characteristics of these breeds, or that are partly bred out of any of the named breeds.

In theory you can keep an animal belonging to one of these breeds, but you have to carry a Certificate of Exemption, and comply by many restrictions. The dog must be muzzled while in public places and the person in control of them must be at least 16 years old. The dog must be micro-chipped, tatooed on the inner thigh, neutered or spayed, and covered by third party insurance.

Failure to comply with these regulations can lead to a fine of up to £2000 and a jail sentence.

I really hope you can re-home her. We have 2 alsations, 2 years apert in age and Jess the youngest is a right bossy boots but at least they get on. If they didnt I dont know what I would do.

Arnt staffies banned in this country? :unsure: Or have i got that mixed up with another breed? :ermm:

no and that is the biggest issue people confuse staffies with american pit bull terriers which are more or less banned and they then think staffies are vicious and they are not they are soft as anything with people just can be anti social with dogs.

......must be muzzled while in public places and the person in control of them must be at least 16 years old......must be micro-chipped, tatooed on the inner thigh, neutered or spayed, and covered by third party insurance.

Failure to comply with these regulations can lead to a fine of up to £2000 and a jail sentence !

:huh: Do these regulations also apply to banned TOC members ? :rolleyes:

Don't be worrying, Flexy. You haven't been banned.................................................. YET :bann::banned::ban::lol: :lol2:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links