Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Hi Guys!

I have a Toyota Auris 1,3 Benzin with 1nrfe engine (2009-07).

I already checked the tacho, no sign of cruise indicator, but the standard 2 wires goes somewhere from steering wheel (means it is connected to somewhere), but dont know where.

Anyway tried the switch, but it does not work and over techstream can not detect any sign of it. Plus checked multimeter and one of them is ground, which it should be.

Can you help me how to install it?

My ecu is: 89661-02s60 (denso Mb275300-4902 12v)

Thank you very much!

If you look at Devon Aygo's post of 3rd July 2014 within this thread, he states that the wiring loom isn't installed on UK market 1.33's so just fitting the switch won't work. The same may apply to 1.33's in whichever country you reside in. May need to look at aftermarket kits.

I was pretty sure, wiring isnt installed, but can be installed? I know black goes to ground, which pin should I connect the positive lead?

• 1 month later...

Hi to all 

I have a toyota auris 1600cc montel 2010 with the 132 hp. I have bay a cruise control from aliexpres for my car. I want to instaled and i want ask if some one have doit to help me. I have see one video but it wasnt for my car and it is very easy. 

Thanks a lot

Hi Guys, 

quick question - hope you can help me. I have Auris 1.6 (2011), Engine: 1ZRFAE.

I was looking for the CC switch on AliExpress - can anyone confirm if this one will work: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-84632-08021-84632-34010-84632-34011-84632-34017-84632-08020-84632-0F010-Cruise-Control-Switch/32710238796.html

Do you maybe know the exact part numer that would fit into my model? I was not able to find it on http://www.toyodiy.com.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, KMNSK said:

Hi Guys, 

quick question - hope you can help me. I have Auris 1.6 (2011), Engine: 1ZRFAE.

I was looking for the CC switch on AliExpress - can anyone confirm if this one will work: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-84632-08021-84632-34010-84632-34011-84632-34017-84632-08020-84632-0F010-Cruise-Control-Switch/32710238796.html

Do you maybe know the exact part numer that would fit into my model? I was not able to find it on http://www.toyodiy.com.

Thanks!

hi 

by this one https://trade.aliexpress.com/orderList.htm?spm=2114.11010108.1000002.15.5bU6yb&tracelog=ws_topbar     i put it yesterday and its working very good . i have also 1600cc 2010 montel with the 132 hp . 

have o good drive

Hi Lospsi, 

many thanks! But could you please paste the link again? The one you put, doesn't bring me to any specific part...:)

Thanks!

Cheers

thanks!

have you also used the long black cord? I haven't seen that in any other offers/pictures. What is it used for?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Was considering this install onto my 2010 1.6 VVTi MMT Auris. Just wondering how I get the airbag/steering wheel cover off? I don't see any screws and don't have the two flaps. Also, as per the below pictures, my dashboard does have a cruise control indication - so I'm guessing this installation is possible. 

It looks like this:

IMG_20170727_193834.jpg

IMG_20170727_194055.jpg

IMG_20170727_194101.jpg

You need a flat head screwdriver to push the spring inside of wheel (trough hole). 1 by side. It is easy.

For the installation: cheap way, just make a big enough hole with a rotary tool. More expensive: order a new wheel undercover and after removing the full wheel, you can change it.

Good Luck

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, n3szt0r said:

You need a flat head screwdriver to push the spring inside of wheel (trough hole). 1 by side. It is easy.

For the installation: cheap way, just make a big enough hole with a rotary tool. More expensive: order a new wheel undercover and after removing the full wheel, you can change it.

Good Luck

Thanks for that, ill give it a go.

For the installation, I was now considering buying one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Wheel-Cruise-Control-Switch-Cover-45186-02150-BO-for-Toyota-Lexus-NEW-/251896155374 so I can just use a hacksaw blade to cut a rough square hole then use this to neaten it up? Just not sure if these work on the auris wheel?

Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Hi! 

I have an Auris 1.33 petrol 1nrfe. I would like to install cruise control. I have some experient, I made 1 toyota corolla and an opel vectra cruisable.

My question is does the ecu manage cruise function, when I made the wiring?

There is no sign of cruise on dash.

My ecu is:  89661-02s60 (denso Mb275300-4902 12v)

Can you help me? I would not start, when it is not possible.

12 minutes ago, n3szt0r said:

Hi! 

I have an Auris 1.33 petrol 1nrfe. I would like to install cruise control. I have some experient, I made 1 toyota corolla and an opel vectra cruisable.

My question is does the ecu manage cruise function, when I made the wiring?

There is no sign of cruise on dash.

My ecu is:  89661-02s60 (denso Mb275300-4902 12v)

Can you help me? I would not start, when it is not possible.

Have a look at Devon Aygo's post of 3rd July 2014 on page 19 of this thread. 

59 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Have a look at Devon Aygo's post of 3rd July 2014 on page 19 of this thread. 

Thank you for absolutly useless post. I said I know I have do the wiring. My question was about ecu. Will it work or not. I know it is NOT prewired!

6 minutes ago, n3szt0r said:

Thank you for absolutly useless post. I said I know I have do the wiring. My question was about ecu. Will it work or not. I know it is NOT prewired!

If your post had been worded more clearly, it would have been obvious that you intend to carry out the wiring yourself.

32 minutes ago, n3szt0r said:

when you are asking for help it always pays to be polite .

1 hour ago, n3szt0r said:

Frosty had correctly directed you to my post had you bothered to read it all you would have seen you cannot fit factory cruise in a 1.33 as Toyota did not include either the pre-wiring or the functionality within the engine ECU.

Perhaps try dropping the attitude!

55 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Frosty had correctly directed you to my post had you bothered to read it all you would have seen you cannot fit factory cruise in a 1.33 as Toyota did not include either the pre-wiring or the functionality within the engine ECU.

Perhaps try dropping the attitude!

may not 100% correct. last time i had a 1.4 d auris 2009 with cruise tacho. Only wiring was missing....

Help needed with CC on Toyota Auris Icon hybrid 2013 can i install cc or not?

Yes just buy the switch & cable, 2 screws and the switch cover 15 / 20 minutes it will be fitted

On 17.11.2016 at 7:57 PM, Alex083 said:

Hi,

I have a Corolla E15 (2008) with 1zru 1.6 vvti engine. 
I would like to install a cruise control, but i haven't got plug for the CC behind the airbag.

What can I do ? Is there any posibility to install CC on my Corolla ?

Thanks in advance.
Alex

20161114_132955.jpg

Hello.  I have Auris of 2007 1.6 1ZR-FE. I do not have a cruise control system installed in the steering wheel. How to connect the cruise control?

• 1 month later...

Hello Guy's! I will like to great everybody this being my first post! Sorry for the spelling but I am not from the UK I would like to install a CC on my 2014 Auris HSD and having some problems. I already have installed a CC from a Prius : 84632-34011 but it does not seem to work Could it be because I need another part with another reference? For example : 84632-0F010 ?

On 2017. 09. 09. at 2:12 PM, misiekkk87 said:

Hello.  I have Auris of 2007 1.6 1ZR-FE. I do not have a cruise control system installed in the steering wheel. How to connect the cruise control?

Okay, you need the big white connector. It have to fully disconnected and needed some work. You have to remove the safety fix of the pins. After that you have to insert the 2 pins from the connector of cruise control. It is pretty basic, there is a video on youtube. They make a 2005 corolla cruisable. In the video you can see the pinout. At this time I cant remember anymore to it.

Maybe the 2 bottom left. First is the ground second should be 12v. 

• 4 weeks later...

Folks about to buy one of these and having went through all 27 pages I hope I haven't missed the answers to any of my queries!

1. To add the stalk do I drill into the column cover or the side of the wheel?

2. From what I read half an hour is long enough from disconnecting Battery to start poking about safely anywhere near an airbag?

3. I notice people talking about adding a switch on the wheel? My steering wheel only has radio controls (sr 2008 2.0 d4d) do I have to add something more than the stalk?

4. From other threads people say mpg worsens with CC as it can't read the road for hills etc and I've noticed only one person on here mention mpg which improved in their case. Just wondering if it's more a driving aid than an efficiency aid?

thanks guys. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links