Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Post Dealer Horror Stories

new 2002 Tsport owner

I am currently having problems with Toyota dealer for both the Toyota Corollas I own!

My wife has a T3 05 Corolla with only 24,000 miles that needed all new disc pads [thats ok] but new rear discs! [not good as rear does less of braking].

I own a 02 T-sport and have had problems ever since I purchased it.

I am just wondering if any other owners have had difficulties with Toyota dealers or I have just had bad luck....

I am currently having problems with Toyota dealer for both the Toyota Corollas I own!

My wife has a T3 05 Corolla with only 24,000 miles that needed all new disc pads [thats ok] but new rear discs! [not good as rear does less of braking].

I own a 02 T-sport and have had problems ever since I purchased it.

I am just wondering if any other owners have had difficulties with Toyota dealers or I have just had bad luck....

Get a 2nd opinion on the T3, you dont have to listen to the dealer :thumbsup:

Name & Shame add in the dealer name, as not all dealers are bad!

Local Toyota Dealer (When living in Britain) is Fantastic - WA Lewis TOYOTA of TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE.

These guys are fantastic!

I have had work done by these guys and they are cheaper than most Non-franchise garages.

Plus there spares side is superb - age has no boundaries infact the spares chaps seem really keen if you present on older car (best examples was a quest to find a handbrake cable for a 1973 Crown deluxe and some fender mirrors for a '75 Celica - they rung a place in Belgium and then contacted Japan, and yes they did get them).

Service manager is a 'car nut' himself.

Another example of excellence was when I bought some Wiper Blades and ARMS for a 20-year old Toyota (and on that day it was thrashing down with rain) the service manager said drive it round to the workshop and "one of the lads will fit 'em" - and they didn't mind even though they knew they might be carroded on - cost to do ... ...nothing! I know it's only a little thing but it's still jolly nice of 'em.

Also they offer free technical advice (Diagnostic, Torque settings etc.) - on a couple of occasions if they don't know they'll ask someone who can.

They may be in the business to sell NEW cars but these guys also seem to have a healthy obssesion to keep the 'old uns' on the road as well... ...after all its still a Toyota

Dealer was Arnold Clark.

Which branch ?

Kilmarnock, Western Road.

I have been waiting for a phone call all week to get to next stage of resolving a problem I have had for two months....

Will post full details once [iF!] I get problem sorted.

Paul...What dealer did you use, I could not see name anywhere on post!

dave.m Posted Sep 10 2008, 11:38 AM

Dealer review section here, see link-

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/reviews/

But name on this thread if you feel its apt.

Err... ...I tried to do a review prasing 'Toyota WA Lewis' but it would not let me log/accept review (after writing it) - perhaps it is because my review was not talking about 'boring' modern cars :lol::lol::lol:

dave.m Posted Sep 10 2008, 11:38 AM

Dealer review section here, see link-

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/reviews/

But name on this thread if you feel its apt.

Err... ...I tried to do a review prasing 'Toyota WA Lewis' but it would not let me log/accept review (after writing it) - perhaps it is because my review was not talking about 'boring' modern cars :lol::lol::lol:

I had the problem after it took a while to write :ffs: :lol:

i had bought an 06 xb at a local dealer and they messed up the paperwork and i had to go back twice to get it straight then i went back for my 30,000 mile check up and they told me i needed a lot of work done i knew i didnt need then they showed me an air filter that was covered in oil i knew that if my air filter looked like that my engine had serious problems i politly told the man i would take care of it at a later date then left i went to a local auto parts store bought new plugs oil filter air filter ect then went home to put them on when i got home to my surprise the filter they showed me was not even mine i am glad i didnt listen to them to have a ton of work done to my car i didnt need to as they say buyer beware

W A Lewis of Shrewsbury

Asked me to leave the premesis (in the nicest way possible) due to my Toyota was a grey import and they do not want my buisness or will not sell me any parts as they have some sort of policy against grey imports. :(

Well, the dealers we use now, RMB Teeside and Minories Durham are both excellent, but we did have a couple of horror stories with the previous dealer, which is now closed, but one sticks out from the rest.

If anyone has seen my "finding your old car" thread, it was the car shown in that we had at the time, and if you pulled away slowly on a hill, there was a loud vibration from under the car. This was when the car was about 1 month old, and when we took it back, they could never find the problem. They fitted a full new exhaust system, which didn't cure it, rebuilt most of the interior in case it was rattling, didn't cure it, skimmed the brake discs, again, didn't cure it, and then they put in a full new gearbox and clutch. All seemed well until we opened the garage the next morning and took the car out - there was oil everywhere! We phoned them up and they looked at the car, and whoever had put the new clutch and gearbox in hadn't put the oil seals back in properly and had ruined them. When this was sorted, it still didn't cure the problem. Thankfully this was all done as warranty work, and then they found the true cause of the problem - some grease needed putting on some exhaust bushes, which sorted it completely! The car itself was great.

Thankfully that dealer was closed down and was replaced by Minories, which is a huge improvment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links