Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Else Ever Managed This?

adam_d

I was looking about on AutoTrader recently, and I just had a funny feeling to look at the Avensis section, and I found this:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...mp;max_mileage=

2nd one on the list, and it's the car we used to own. We only had it 1 year 10 months, then bought another Avensis, before this Auris. I was quite surprised I found it, and kinda creeped out that I had a weird feeling to go looking for it :unsure:

This happened to anybody else?

haha yes twice

I was following my first Aygo down the street the other week, I got very excited and started waving :lol: probably thought I was a right loon :rolleyes: I keep waiting for new owners to post on here :(

and the best story was my mum and dad treated themselves to a new pug 607 when I was about 12 which they adored, few years later went bankrupt and lost the car, was very sad obviously lol (dunno why it was a pug :lol:) anyway over ten years later, was moving up to lincoln and looking at buying houses, bought house, day moved in - there it was :eek: on slightly up the street, me and my dad just stood and stared at it in shock..lol, thought my dad was gonna pinch it back, anyway lived opposite it for 6 months till I think it eventually died :lol:

sorry that was a bit long :P

SJx

Hehe, sometimes if I get bored I put our old car registrations into the HPI check site to see if they're still going. Our old Carina isn't but the rest are. That car has a little story behind it too, when we traded it in it had 128000 miles on, and the dealer sent it to auction. About 2 weeks later we got a letter from the new owner asking if it had had a cambelt change as it had done 62000 miles! Still, I guess Toyota's must wear well for that many miles being knocked off not being noticable, but I think it's gone now, it doesn't show up on the HPI site. :(

Didn't actually happen to me, but my Daughter's partner bought a Vauxhall Vectra, (I'm not responsible for his actions :lol: . He wouldn't listen when I told him not to touch a Rover :censor: ) It had belonged to friend of mine who lives exactly opposite. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it outside the house

happened to me too!

Except the car ended up on my driveway everyday, my first car..my baby Yaris.

My brother bought it off me and every two months when I came back from uni there would be a new dent or mark on it.

Didn't like it at all, especially after all the care I took of it when it was mine :(

Have looked for my old Yaris in the past but never found it.

Maybe it's on here?

X163SJX anyone?

:lol:

Nope.. only had the Yaris before... but I was called when that was sold on again to say it had gone (cheers Daz :thumbsup:) but if anyone sees her around (Flame Gold V535 LMA) give her a wave lol :P

About two years ago my mate in his new Audi S3, he ad it about two weeks, was driving in Glasgow when a Porsche started flashing and waving. He remembered the salesman saying the previous owner was upgrading to a porsche so he stopped. It was indeed the old owner and said it was remarkable to bump into each other.

They got talking and the old owner showed my made the secret MOD chip that he got installed, and operated by holding some of the control switches in certain positions for a few seconds and hey presto an instant boost of 60 BHP that could be turned on and off and was invisible for servicing etc when deactivated....Lucky sod

I once saw my old Daewoo Matiz driving around.... I got so excited when I saw him!

I'd be surprised if I saw Karis, considering I left her for dead

And I've looked round Leicester for Kaori... but as yet haven't found her! I know she was sold to a local lady but that's all I know.

I sold my only previous car to my cousin & she still has it so if I see it again it probably wont be by chance

I have seen my sister's old Hilux Surf a few times though, she sold it to a mate of my brothers who then got rid so I'm guessing he sold it to a mate in the area

My old 206 was sold to a friend of mine, who then sold it to someone else. I've seen it around my area quite often.

I see my old Porsche 944 Daily on the way to work!!! I usually see it on the way home too! Looks like the new owner is really looking after it!

What's a Porsche 944 Daily?? :huh:

Well it was my Daily Driver.... as opposed to my show/fun/track car which was the supra ;)

I also saw it daily :P

What's a Porsche 944 Daily?? :huh:

Limited Edition designed specially for a Scottish centre back who used to play for yous & is rumoured to be a collector of classic Porches, somehow spelt his !Removed! name wrong though

I bought a 42k Astra GTE when I was at Uni in Derby, loved it and was gutted when I sold it. Six years later I was a bit worse for wear stumbling down 'Curry Mile' in Rusholme and saw this battered black GTE and thought how much I would love mine back, only when up close I realised it was my old car. Gutted is the only word I can use to describe how I felt. From that day on I will only sell my cars to people who will look after them, and that choice has cost me a few hundred quid in the past.

sold my corolla not too long ago, and few months later i saw it again! couldnt believe it, i was waiting at the traffic lights and out of the corner of my eye i saw this red car approaching and when i looked a bit harder i realised it was my old car! it looked well with a TTE sunstrip and a nice lil exhaust on her, exactly the same thing i would've done to her if i kept it for a bit longer, it just finished the car off beautifully! only thing is, my 'agent' who sold the car for me told me that it was sold to a customer in Ireland, and i saw it a few weeks later in castlford!! :blink:

There is a website somewhere where you put in a number plate and it tells you the car and if it is still insured... one way to find out if your old car has been crushed into a cube!

Ah yeah, HPICheck does the same for free, just tells you model and year, although good find, that ones certainly faster :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links