Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels On At Last

bridgy

hi eventually fitted the wheels been waiting to find some tyres and did gEt them and all ok but one is slightly bigger e.g 3 are 205/40/17 and the big one is 215/40/17 but heres a pic, any way put them on till i get the right size tyre thanks.

hpim0611fm7.jpg

Looks good although I wouldnt be running with one tyre a different size, it wont drive right with one corner higher then the others, hope you have put it on the back

Other then that they look ok, quite subtle :)

Nice looking wheels and a tidy motor there :thumbsup:

Decided what mods you doing to the look now? Darkening the front indicators and swapping the side ones for clear (with chrome bulbs) would look smart.

thanks, im trying to find some clear front bumper indicators but cant find any. anyone know where i could get them?

nice wheels bridgy! shiny!! :thumbsup:

yea the clear front indicators look so much nicer!! i dont like the orange ones, i even hate my own side indicators!!! :sick:

Looks good although I wouldnt be running with one tyre a different size, it wont drive right with one corner higher then the others, hope you have put it on the back

It wouldn't be higher as stated tyres are 40 height widths are different 215 and 205

wheels look very well

It wouldn't be higher as stated tyres are 40 height widths are different 215 and 205

wheels look very well

hi if thats true then i dont no whats wrong with it because it stiil looks higher than the rest thanks

hi eventually fitted the wheels been waiting to find some tyres and did gEt them and all ok but one is slightly bigger e.g 3 are 205/40/17 and the big one is 215/40/17 but heres a pic, any way put them on till i get the right size tyre thanks.

hpim0611fm7.jpg

If what you stated here is correct no tyre should be higher than the other . one of them should be wider just

wheels look very well

It will be higher in fact (although just slightly) - the 40 in 215/40 is not a specific height, but the height in proportion to the width.

That is why if you decide you want wider tyres on your existing wheels, you need what are referred to as lower profile tyres, even though they will actually be the same height as the original tyres to make sure the gearing, speedo, odo, etc is not screwed up.

PS Height is not the right term for that, but it will do ;)

You propably want to make suire the rear tyres are the matching ones - and in fact, you probably want to get all tyres the same soon as you can :)

wheels look very well

It will be higher in fact (although just slightly) - the 40 in 215/40 is not a specific height, but the height in proportion to the width.

That is why if you decide you want wider tyres on your existing wheels, you need what are referred to as lower profile tyres, even though they will actually be the same height as the original tyres to make sure the gearing, speedo, odo, etc is not screwed up.

PS Height is not the right term for that, but it will do ;)

You propably want to make suire the rear tyres are the matching ones - and in fact, you probably want to get all tyres the same soon as you can :)

correct on the 40 being the % of the width but I disagree with having the matching ones on the back, I would put them on the front with it being FWD otherwise it wont drive straight and will steer off!

Tricky one to decide front or rear for odd ones.

Answer really has to be to make sure they are matched between both fronts and both rears - best not to leave it like that for too long.

I had to use a space saver on my Honda HR-V for about 15 miles and I did not like the way that drove at all (that was on the rear as well, actually, on a primarily FWD car)

correct on the 40 being the % of the width but I disagree with having the matching ones on the back, I would put them on the front with it being FWD otherwise it wont drive straight and will steer off!

Just had a thought on this :g: as the driven wheels have a different rolling diameter (which they will if one is a 205/40 and the other is a 215/40) could this cause some sort of transmission 'windup'? as well as other odd happenings.

Reckon Hou is definately right - match the driving (front) wheels :thumbsup: - but get the tyres matched up properly ASAP as well!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links