Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Autotrader

UKDM323

Hi

I need to get rid of my 2nd car - a 98 nissan almera & 1st thing came to my head is autotrader, you need to pay & pay more for like colour photo but is a car guarenteed to be sold on autotrader? anyone with experience of selling on there ? as i never sold a car privately(apart from 1 time to a friend) or adviertised a car in a magazine or online. dont really want to pay loads to advertised at lot of places & still not sold it, i be taking into consideration eBay & maybe piston heads ??

Thanks

There are never any guarantees with selling something.

It all depends on whether someone wants to buy it. I've bought from Autotrader in the past and it's one of the first places people seem to look when seeking a car. It must have a good success rate mainly because usually the first half a dozen cars you ring have already been sold !

I've sold a few cars privately and to be honest I've only sold one through an advertiser, (freeads) my best results have been parking them on a busy thoroughfare with a sticker in the window, honest.

Cheers.

Think i would advertise it on a site like preloved its free and it will give you a feel of the market, but as already said above nowt for sure, and money is tight at the moment.

Good luck.

Thanks for responses, yea im thinking of putting a A4 for sale sign on window for when i take car to work or town something & i live in a cul de sac so not as many people passing by :rolleyes: i guess eBay gd for selling cars fast but only trouble is alot of them listed it as say £20 or £30 no reserve for a fully running car with bit road tax & what have you lol dont really wanna sell it for next to nothing although the car isnt worth much but something like getting £30 is just being a mug lol i wanna get rid of the car but not that desperate :rolleyes: i also try some other free ads as you said.

I have recently sold my yaris and i had it on autotrader online for 4 weeks,

all i got from trader was scams from abroad :angry: [ they said they would send me a cheque for excess value,

then i send car + the extra money from cheque ;) ]

To me trader was a waste of my money.

I also had my car on pistonheads, and had loads of interest from there.

The guy that it sold to, saw it on pistonheads :yes:

Thanks again gonna keep options option & advertise it a few places & may even use a A4 size for sale sign on the car window, im not gonna sell to anyone abroad like nigeria or somewhere unless they come down to visit & give me cash in person lol, regarding autotrader do you send the info & pics by post from the magazine form or can you do it online via email ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links