Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Sets Of Alloys For Your Yts

YKLee

Just wondering whether anyone else has had their YTS wheels changed under warranty more than once. Had my mrs's changed about 5mths ago and they are looking like they are starting to pit again! wondering whether i should ask for another set of replacements before warranty runs out in sep........ ;)

i think a guy on here has done to be honest?? cant remeber who tho? try askin in the yaris forum.

ill shift this over incase its been missed

:thumbsup:

I'd ask for another set... Only had mine changed once though.

might have been myself Jaxx... I'm on my third set....with the front left been on it's fourth!

First set lasted around 8 months before they started pitting badly..and they happily change them...second set also started going within 6 months..and I basically said..that I'm not prepared to wait for another 6 months say to see if the problem gets worse..as then you'l change them...then I'll be even closer to the end of the warranty in the event it happes again. Dealer quite happily change them..as naturally they shouldn't start pitting like this.

Then they damaged one of them on the rim when replacing it.....so I got them to replace this as well....they wern't too happy this time...as they damaged it..so the cost had to be covered by the dealer..rather than Toyota as a whole.

Crappy thing is..they won't put a seperate warranty on the alloys?

So if you have them replaced say after 2 years 9 months..then within 6 months pitting is seen again..then they won't be covered....how naff is that!!...or perhaps it's just my dealer putting their foot down?

Its a nightmare aint it...... :angry:

Im gonna have to take mine in to get a new set.

Do they change them without any probs, or do they make a fuss about it.......??

What is "pitting"

Could I replace my alloys on warranty for scrubbage for instance? :wacko:

Scrubage...as in you dragged it down the side of a kerb? No Fraid not!

"pitting" is caused by moisture I belive trapped in the manfactuing process in the alloy, beneath the protective laquer.

you'd notice the lustre of the alloys going and will see bubbles appearing under the surface.

So basically they'd only be replaced under Warranty..if you haven't damaged them, and they agree it's a manufaturing.

I had no problems in changing my whatso ever as it is a wide spread problem...other than the one they damaged when replacing it....and it was really only slight damage...but hey!

I did sweeten them a little as well though ,by getting a new set of front rubbers...that seemed to ease their pain!

Vipes

they changed mine first time round with no probs whatsoever so it shouldn't be a problem! i think i will talk to them about it and see what they have to say it is annoying though! but i do have to say this is not uncommon.

People have told me on my s2000 that i will need them replcing in about years time when they start to corrode. DOH!

I bought my yaris ts last june secondhand and it still has a couple of months warranty left, does that mean i can get my alloys changed due to them getting bubbles under the laquer?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links