Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kits And Insurance

Moxy

Hi everybody, I've got a few questions for you guys.

I bought my new Yaris T3 1.3 about a month back and am really pleased with it.

I was thinking about installing an induction kit just to give it a little boost. I was wondering if and how much this would add to my insurance (if I were to tell them :rolleyes: ).

Also how easy are these things to install and would it effect my warrenty.

Cheers.

1) don't hope for much of a boost m8, maybe 3bhp if you're lucky... all an induction kit will add to the yaris is a meatier engine noise.

2) depending on your age (17-19) insurers really will not like you adding an induction kit and it's not uncommon for them to ask for as much money as you spent on your induction kit.

3) very easy to install, think it probably invalidates your warranty if it's not a toyota approved kit.

4) if i were you I would definitely declare an induction kit... if you have a prang and they find that very obvious bit of modding under your bonnet then you are most certainly on your own (uninsured) if you haven't declared it :( :bye:

hope that's of help to u moxy :)

Sam

not that i condone this sort of thing but my HKS induction kit can be taken off the car with the turn of 4 bolts, not the hardest thing in the world to do if u need to get it off the car after a prang if you catch my drift moxy.

is it easyer than fittin in a radio or alarm?

yes

Put it this way a induction kit can be fitted in under 10 minutes :yes: And your insurance will want at least £100 off of you for this. Personally i wouldn't bover as it's so quick to remove. It's up to you mate???? But if you have a prang and the car is written off and you cant get to it to replace it with the original air box you are stuffed :yes: The choice is yours mate.

Warranty now. Your warranty will only be void if you have engine trouble and they can prove that the induction kit was to blame for the fault. So anything that involving induction to the engine EG mass air sensor would not be covered any more. You will still have a warranty on the rest of the car.

jerry!!

how long is the warrenty on a new car, not read the manual, who said anything about telling the insrance company about the induction kit and NOZ, it was already there

addin an induction kit will give it a better pick up and a bit more poke from a standstill but dont be expecting a huge power increase!!

i told my insurers about mine and it cost me somat like 12 quid to add it on!!

result!

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links