Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About File Uploads On The Forum

MarcTS

Could an admin or knowledgable person please answer my questions below?

Why can anyone uploads images etc to the forum yet it appears as though only the now defunct Gold members can actually download them?

Are there any plans to rectify this by either preventing anyone but gold members from uploading or by allowing everyone to download them?

It gets pretty frustrating when people upload images to the forum and practically no one can actually see them as they always get a forum permissions error when they try.

Thanks

vmail, I'm fully aware of what people should do. I am just asking why people are allowed to upload images to the forum but not then allowed to view them unless they are gold members.

I have multiple websites that I own so hosting images myself is not an issue, it is when others do it and we can't see what they have uploaded. I don't see the logic in letting everyone upload, but only allow gold members (surely all gold memberships have now lapsed anyway) download them.

It's not all the time either, sometimes i can download the files other times i get the "Board Message"

:huh:

I can download the image here Clicky 1

But not here Clicky 2

:wacko:

Both your "Clickys" worked for me :yes::thumbsup:

Maybe that is a good reason for staying as Gold, instead of downgrading to Silver , to help support the club financially :rolleyes:

Or maybe I'm totally missing the point :unsure:

But not here Clicky 2

Maybe that is a good reason for staying as Gold, instead of downgrading to Silver , to help support the club financially :rolleyes:

maybe I wanted to join as gold, but that option is suspended, so could only join as silver??

and I am same as Norfolk - download one, can't download other.

I think the subforum rights have been edited in an odd way without realising it, and now the management team know, hopefully will be fixed :thumbsup:

Anyone download this exciting pic ?

post-29315-1222443605_thumb.jpg

But not here Clicky 2

maybe I wanted to join as gold, but that option is suspended, so could only join as silver??

Daft!

Gold is "SUPPOSED" to be returning, though the silence about it is deafening :crazy:

Hear-hear... 9 months since the 'new gold' was supposed to be opening up, and not even an update. I'd love to contribute again, but don't want to be downgraded from the 'god-like' status I have retained since Gold closed down! :D

• 1 month later...

Someone seriously needs to sort this out, one way or the other. Lots of people are now uploading images to the site asking for help, but only a small subset of people (gold members) can actually view the images.

hmm i never knew this was an issue. does this happen on every forum section?

I probably need to tweak permissions

Post #6 gives a good example.

I would guess different forums have becme subtley different in rights

ok, i know what it is, the download permissions were added on in a new version of software a while ago, therefore the download permissions were not added.

As there are over 70 sections to edit it is gonna take a while, i have updated the car categories and the main Genereal discussions areas first so uploads will now work as well as downloads.

Any probs please PM me with description of the problem and I will fix it.

:)

Thanks a lot Steve, it's working like a charm now. And I know how annoying maintaining permissions can be when you have so many different sections on the site.

But not here Clicky 2

I think the subforum rights have been edited in an odd way without realising it, and now the management team know, hopefully will be fixed :thumbsup:

Anyone download this exciting pic ?

post-29315-1222443605_thumb.jpg

Yep . No probs :yahoo:

i thought it was only me who couldnt download the pics!!! thanks for fixing :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links