Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Malfunction Light Is On

kawaherp

My 2003 1.3 T3 yaris with 25,500 miles has worked fine until a few days ago a engine malfunction light is on and engine started missing,

managed to get to a Toyota dealer and he plugged a gizmo into a socket by the fuse box it reads that cylinder no 3 is missing he swapped spark plugs round and the same with the coil packs and every time it came up cylinder 3. He was unable to sort it out, I have looked at the wiring no obvious damage,

any one got any ideas ?

My 2003 1.3 T3 yaris with 25,500 miles has worked fine until a few days ago a engine malfunction light is on and engine started missing,

managed to get to a Toyota dealer and he plugged a gizmo into a socket by the fuse box it reads that cylinder no 3 is missing he swapped spark plugs round and the same with the coil packs and every time it came up cylinder 3. He was unable to sort it out, I have looked at the wiring no obvious damage,

any one got any ideas ?

Hi

First thing to do is check for power to the coil pack for number three, if that is OK then it would tend to suggest the problem is inside the engine, valve or piston at a guess. I would think it is more likely to be electrical though...

A "normal" garage should be able to diagnose it for you, and be a lot cheaper than the main dealer

Good Luck

Pete

any one got any ideas ?

Hi

First thing to do is check for power to the coil pack for number three, if that is OK then it would tend to suggest the problem is inside the engine, valve or piston at a guess. I would think it is more likely to be electrical though...

A "normal" garage should be able to diagnose it for you, and be a lot cheaper than the main dealer

Good Luck

Pete

P0303 is just telling you the fault is on no3 cylinder, you also have to check if the injector is working, simply disconect the injector plug with the engine misfiring and if the note doesn't change scope it to check for the correct waveform,, my money would go on it being a clogged injector

Is there any way to clean a clogged injector ?

or do you have to replace them?

A Lucas asnew ultrasonic injector cleaner machine will make them work as good as new,, Any Lucas agents near you will be able to point you to the nearest dealer with the asnew facility, its not a toyota facility..

Is there any way to clean a clogged injector ?

or do you have to replace them?

A Lucas asnew ultrasonic injector cleaner machine will make them work as good as new,, Any Lucas agents near you will be able to point you to the nearest dealer with the asnew facility, its not a toyota facility..

managed to clean the injectors seems to be running OK now but engine malfunction light is still on any way to reset it myself ?

Disconnected the earth from the Battery for 30 min and it seems to have done the trick taken car for a 6 mile run and still no light and running OK hopefully problem sorted :D :D :D :D

Great news...... you can now call yourself a Toyota Technician, you probably know more than a lot of them!!!!!

looks like I didn't fix it light is back on and engine is missing

don't know what else I can do now may have to go into a garage

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Latest disaster :angry:

cleaned the injectors again and went for a test drive up A465 car went OK and no malfunction light :D

but noticed the fuel Gage was dropping fast :( pulled over to find a fuel leak from injector seals lost half a tank as well

:( :( :( :(

looks like one of my fuel injectors have failed tested them with a Ω meter and 3 where the same value and one was much higher, any one know how much a replacement will cost ?

Hi

Haven't a clue how much they are but you could try all the people breking on eBay if they are loads of money...

At least you seem to have found the problem now, it could have been much worse...

Pete

ordered a new fuel injector :( hope thats the only problem and that nothing else has failed causing the fuel injector problem :(

• 2 weeks later...

23250-21020 this is the part number of 1.3 and 1.5lt engine's intector. I know that 1.3 and 1.5lt engine's injector are same but i don't know 1.0lt's. Check the part number if it same you can use them.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links