Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quick Question About Evil Car

adam_d

Evil car referring to the fact I may be beaten up for mentioning this on here :P

My friend just bought something called a Renault Laguna 1.9 dCi :o It's a 2005 model and noone can find the bonnet release catch in the car. I know some french cars have them on the passenger side... anybody know where it is on this model?

Thanks, and please don't attack me for mentioning a french car :unsure:

Wash your mouth out man for mentioning such a tasteless thing on here :eek:

Are French cars that awful they don't come with manuals? :lol:

Apparently so, they say they don't have one :P

dynamite the bonnet off :)

Hmm, that's not a bad idea, might as well dynamite the rest of the car while I'm at it :P I think this one is special though, nothing is broken on it...yet.

Haha, that's a very good point, the reason I can't find it on google is because searching for it shows that its a very common fault on these cars :lol:

Maybe right up by the passenger footwell just below the glove box.....

Had a Laguna many years ago as a company car...no more I hasten to add :unsure: :unsure:

Thanks very much, I shall not bring such dirty cars here again.

Thanks very much, I shall not bring such dirty cars here again.

So let that be a lesson to you.... naughty boy :angry:

Just drive it down the motorway... it should soon fly open and remove the windscreen too......

Oh hang on.... that was the Clio ;)

Im for dynamiting the bonnet off, if its anything like the Renault's I know then he will be needing access to this area regularly....... :lol:

I think All the ones I have found are in the passengers footwell area, them being French and lefties, keep looking in that area.

Have you tried a renault forum?, ask Jeves?

The bonnet release on my Kangoo van is a lever set into the pannelling of the passenger side, below the Glove compartment. Not very obvious place, but might be the same on your Renault :g:

Try there before the dynamite or crowbar :lol:

Just get hold of the bonnet and pull.

As it's a French built car it'll just open with no hassle!

:lol:

Last time I was in France, I saw someone nudging a moped out of a parking space with their Rennie, so maybe that's another way of opening the bonnet. :)

....I saw someone nudging a moped out of a parking space with their Rennie....

:lol: That could probably only happen in France :lol:

Haha, I'm loving some of these suggestions, maybe should rename topic to something about taking the mick out of French cars... :P

Thanks for all your help :) I seem to remember hearing something about it being on the wrong side in French cars a few year ago... Anyway, I doubt they'll see much, it seems like all car engines these days are covered in heaps of plastic :huh:

on my last car a 206 ( :( please dont hurt me!! :( ) it was on the left hand side ! talk about confusing :rolleyes:

Just get him/her to have a look in the user manual mate, you're getting mostly mickey take answers because on the whole nobody here knows the 1st thing about Renaults

Or you could try getting them to sign up to a Renault forum, if they're anything like the majority of French cars they're going to need loads of advice about reparing some things & sticking others back on

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links