Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newcastle United

Norfolk n Chance

Surprisingly we beat them at the weekend! :lol:

However was reading about their pre-match preparations on Friday.

Players turn up for training, get put on a coach and taken to the coast for a walk down the beach.

Bacon sarnies in local greasy spoon and that's "training" over :o

WTF?

No wonder they're :horse:

:lol2:

Thats Pro football for you, overpaid petulant spoilt brats on 50K a week and more. Personally I couldn't take the drop in pay :eek::lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

It's great because I hate Newcastle & maybe this will cause them (the football club) to die, it'd be a happy day in my life if they collapsed

It's great because I hate Newcastle & maybe this will cause them (the football club) to die, it'd be a happy day in my life if they collapsed

A tad over the top I'm thinkin

How come?

How come?

You'd be sacrificing 6 easy points every season for a start - AND you'd lose the whole comedy value of a club that just can't resist pressing the big red self destruct button every week !

How come?

"Hate" and clubs who "Die" are a strong combination of words. Whilst I cannot get on with players and clubs earning stupid sums of money (Sky has ruined the game....its awash with our cash) I have been a football supporter/ player/ Referee/ and now County Referee Assesor most of my life and would not want to see any team "Die"

The "Respect" campaign will never get off the ground with such emotive words being used from "supporters" of the game, it's no wonder there has never been a worse time for violence and dissent in the game (starting at youth levels.....Mainly from parents) if we use the words hate and die in the same sentance

"Hate" and clubs who "Die" are a strong combination of words. Whilst I cannot get on with players and clubs earning stupid sums of money (Sky has ruined the game....its awash with our cash) I have been a football supporter/ player/ Referee/ and now County Referee Assesor most of my life and would not want to see any team "Die"

The "Respect" campaign will never get off the ground with such emotive words being used from "supporters" of the game, it's no wonder there has never been a worse time for violence and dissent in the game (starting at youth levels.....Mainly from parents) if we use the words hate and die in the same sentance

Yeah, they are strong words but "dislike" and "do really bad" don't quite cover my feelings, they're strong words but I have strong feelings towards Newcastle United FC & so while you might not wish to see a team die, I most certainly do.

The respect campaign is a load of my *****. You don't just tell people to respect you & expect them to do it, respect has to be earned, it's a mutual thing. The FA starts a campaign & just expects everyone to follow it to the letter while they still show disrespect to the same people on a daily basis? Nah, that's not how it works. While I agree that things need to be addressed, they shouldn't just click their fingers & expect everyone to kiss the hoops of everyone in charge, they have to give the same amount of respect they want to receive.

Do you honestly believe the game has never been worse for violence? I'll give you the point about respect, referees aren't well respected at all as is the case with most people in authority these days, but violence? In the past year I've followed Everton everywhere, from Newcastle & Middlesbrough to Portsmouth & pretty much everywhere in between & also Germany, Holland, Italy & Norway & not once have I been involved in any violence or even seen any 1st hand. Now go back a couple of decades & that would have been unheard of, violence was a big part of the matchday ritual & now it simply isn't. There is the odd bit of violence at times but I've never witnessed it, a professional football match is now somewhere you can take your young family without fear of them being hurt. Has that always been the case? Has it *****e

Sorry Kev, but I have never read such a load of old b*lls in my life. If you read my text, I actually said there has never been a worse time for violence and dissent IN THE GAME. I dont recall mentioning football supporters (apart from parents) but now you mention it Everton dont have the monopoly on violent free supporters, I think you are trying to imply the game has no violence OFF the pitch anymore.........wrong. The internet is littered with stories of thuggery and violence, and dare I say it, amongst Everton fans too! To say it doesnt exist, you must have buried your head in the mersey mud somewhere

Respect does have to be earned, I agree with you on that point, however the whole point of the respect campaign has nothing to do with the overpaid Premier league players, it is all about youngsters learning to respect each other, there managers, coaches, physios and I do mention it again, Parents. It just happens that the FA launched it via the Premier league. Something has to be done in the game to retain Referee's, youngsters coming through in the Academys have the greatest oppotunities these days to go all the way to the top, but the youngster left to his own devices and being given "down the banks" ear bashing by some scroat in a coat is going to throw his boots in the corner and never take the whistle up ever again. You might not love your Referee, but there would be NO football without him, where do you think they come from? From the parks and gardens Football of your local leagues thats where, and from where we expect to see respect from ALL involved in keeping the game alive. Your argument doesnt stand up to any scrutiny at all. The use of "Hate" and "Die" are quite simply unacceptable, and no amount of retoric will change my mind on that one

Ok, fair enough, I misread what you said & thought you were referring to football as a whole in which I think we can both agree, the level of violence overall has dramatically reduced. I've never once said that football supporters no longer get violent but before, during and after all the games I went to last year I never saw any of it which to me says most people go to the game for the right reasons. If you go back just a couple of decades, hooligans used football as a way of meeting up to fight, that is simply not the case anymore. Sure, trouble happens but it's rare & I'd have no worries about taking my kids to the match today (well, no more so than any other highly attended sporting event) when 25 years ago I wouldn't have even entertained the idea. If you look at the stories on the internet, the overwhelming majority are from years gone by.

I agree that referees must be treated with a hell of a lot more respect, I know about the shortage of them & it doesn't surprise me in the least. I often wonder what sort of person would want to become a referee & I've never been able to think of an answer, they must be mental to be willingly take the amount of abuse that comes their way. If this campaign can help that at grassroots & encourage more people to become football refs I'll give it my full support because that would eventually the whole of football will benefit. If it's happening at every level I'll happily withdraw my comment about it being a load of my ***** because something has to be done but at the minute all I see is the clampdown in the Premier League which on it's own will solve nothing.

As for "hate" & "die", they're words that best sum up my feelings & the only way that will change is if I lose my passion for football which unless things change dramatically (the foreign owners franchising things meaning no promotion or relegation, or something that extreme) is not going to happen for a good while yet so how about we agree to disagree on that 1?

nufc commonly knows as "the SCUM" . I'd love to see us get 6 points this season , its been a long time comming. howayy sunderland.

The Premier league has taken the mighty dollar, money is awash, with less and less coming from the people who matter, the supporters. If umpteen banks can go bust just like the last few days, then it must be very worrying for those clubs out of the top 5. I cannot see any benefit to UK clubs coming from money abroad in the form of new owners with big bank accounts, non whatsoever, yes it will bring in money and you might get a new stadium or even fancier executive boxes but the fans wont feel it sitting in the terraces, how long can we sustain 30M plus players coming into the game on 150K a week? The bubble will burst at some point in the future, that I'm sure

I am very passionate about the game too Kev, but would never be passionate enough to see a club, any club, fold just because it's not my own team

Yeah, it's worrying because most of these are businessmen with no previous interest in football taking over the biggest clubs in the world. They could have completely different views of how to move football on than the average fan & could soon have enough like-minded businessmen with the power to change things regardless of what the fans think. These people could change football forever & I don't like the sound of that 1 little bit.

They might just be trying to get their hands on some of the enormous wealth that is in football but I can't help but think it's going to have a detrimental impact on football & while it's a possibility it worries me.

As for Newcastle, I don't want to see them fold because they're not my club otherwise I'd want to see every club fold except for 1, which isn't the case

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links