Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Tyres

CloudRuler

I have a gash in my front left tyre so I'm planning on replacing it as soon as possible. However I'm not sure whether it's ok to replace only one tyre, do I need to replace both? I know it's possible to just replace the one but I've read that it can affect the handling to do so, could someone give me advice on that?

Also does anyone know of a website from which I can buy Toyota wheel trims? Preferably a UK website, failing that a US website that offers free shipping will do.

its recommended you change both together, but to be honest you'll be fine, its nothing really noticable!

Ah ok, thx. I'll just get one.

I bought new tyres about a year ago and I don't do more than 3000 miles per year so I didn't really want to replace a perfectly good tyre especially not when they're £70 each.

Are they made of Gold?

:lol:

Dunlop SP Sport 2030

The £70 includes fitting and balancing but I still think it's expensive. I don't know why Toyota didn't use cheaper tyres as standard.

are they for 14s?

local tyre place sells top quality - top brand part worn tyres for £15-20 each balanced and fitted :-D

I may have a set of genuine wheel trims if still required?

15inch i take it?

PM me if interested.

Mart. :)

are they for 14s?

local tyre place sells top quality - top brand part worn tyres for £15-20 each balanced and fitted :-D

15s

Toyota wanted £80, the tyre place I called wanted £70 but knocked it down to £65 including balancing and fitting so I've got the tyre now. Just need the wheel trim.

@mart

Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't know how to go about buying them safely so I'll have to go to Toyota. Tried a scrapyard, didn't have mine in.

are they for 14s?

15s

Toyota wanted £80, the tyre place I called wanted £70 but knocked it down to £65 including balancing and fitting so I've got the tyre now. Just need the wheel trim.

@mart

Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't know how to go about buying them safely so I'll have to go to Toyota. Tried a scrapyard, didn't have mine in.

How do yuo mean buying them safely?

All the trim s i have a brand new and would be alot cheaper than dealer price. Let me know which style they are. Are they the shiny silver multi spoke versions?

Mart.

i also have a prob with my tyres on my d4d .. i replaced 3 tyres ... my last tyre was okay on the back, so kept it, but there is alot of road noise and you can clearly hear a noise from the back of the car .. squishing/slapping sound ... also my mph has went down from 65mph to about 58mph ..

i had yokahama on, now have three firestone (korean) .. can you please advise?

are they for 14s?

15s

@mart

How do yuo mean buying them safely?

All the trim s i have a brand new and would be alot cheaper than dealer price. Let me know which style they are. Are they the shiny silver multi spoke versions?

Mart.

Protecting myself i.e. making sure the goods are sent once I've sent the money.

I think these are the ones:

426020D080.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links