Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Vvti 1.0

football mad

hi , can anyone help me.

i have had my yaris for 2yrs now it is a 03 plate 1.0,

i have had this problem since i first bought it from the dealer.

the problem being whenever i pull off it almost stalls and sometimes does stall.

it is not me as other people have driven it with the same results.

this also happens reversing.... i took it back to the dealer when it was under warranty and he told me that it was to do with it being a variable valve engine.

the tickover seems really low.gently touching the pedal it wil shudder or hesitate,this is a pain in the butt when at a junction or island as it could cause an accident if it was to stall there.

my fiance has tried to remedy the low tickover by attempting to move the two locking nuts on the accelerator cable bracket but was unable as one nut(the front one) was solid,but has since been told by someone that this would not cure the problem....

can anyone help please???

hi , can anyone help me.

the problem being whenever i pull off it almost stalls and sometimes does stall.

this also happens reversing.... i took it back to the dealer when it was under warranty and he told me that it was to do with it being a variable valve engine.

the tickover seems really low.gently touching the pedal it wil shudder or hesitate,this is a pain in the butt when at a junction or island as it could cause an accident if it was to stall there.

my fiance has tried to remedy the low tickover by attempting to move the two locking nuts on the accelerator cable bracket but was unable as one nut(the front one) was solid,but has since been told by someone that this would not cure the problem....

I don't believe that this has anything to do with the variable valve timing of your engine.

It sounds more like an engine tickover/idle setting being too low which could be caused by a faulty speed sensor or something similar. I am sorry I don't know precisely but I would have it in to a garage for a fault dignosis.

Good luck and maybe somebody who knows more than me will be along soon to offer some more helpful advice. :thumbsup:

hi , can anyone help me.

I don't believe that this has anything to do with the variable valve timing of your engine.

It sounds more like an engine tickover/idle setting being too low which could be caused by a faulty speed sensor or something similar. I am sorry I don't know precisely but I would have it in to a garage for a fault dignosis.

Good luck and maybe somebody who knows more than me will be along soon to offer some more helpful advice. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for your advice. Will take it to a garage. Cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links