Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Old Toyota Brochures

adam_d

Hi again everybody, I'm in need of another favour, except I won't get killed for this one :P

I want to have a look at some brochures for old Toyotas, and I'm not sure where to find them. Does anybody know anywhere that has them, or anyone on here that has them on their computer?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to be able to have a look at spec sheets and things for cars I'm considering getting as a first car, and some are as old as me :lol: There are a couple of specific ones I was looking for:

96-99 Starlet

Paseo

All Corolla's from the about 1990 up until about 2001 model. I don't know the exact codes, I think it should be AE92 to E11.

Carina II/Carina E

Sera

Late 80s Hilux (I know, odd one out :P)

Early 90s Celica

Mk1 MR2

That's about in the order I've been looking at the cars, but not many have complete spec lists.

Thanks very much to anyone who can get hold of any of these!

That's quite harsh. And a strange thing to steal :huh:

Anybody know anywhere? If not, cheers anyway.

That's quite harsh. And a strange thing to steal :huh:

Anybody know anywhere? If not, cheers anyway.

She had an MR2 also.

Have you hunted around eBay?

Ah.

Yeah, I've seen one or two on there, that's the first place I've been keeping an eye on.

i would have to agree and say eBay.

I got a mint corolla one on there a while back and i saw a GT4 one on there the other day

xxxx

Er, I just remembered that the Starlet/Paseo/Sera are very closely related so most of the things will apply to all of them. I really want to know the standard equipment for each, and the price I should be looking to pay for one in good condition.

Also I just read these cars engines have belts instead of timing chains - should this worry me? Or am I alright as long as it gets changed at the right time?

The Sera/Starlet/Paseo are closely related, but all have different engines/power output etc.

Really it's only the running gear / chassis that is related.

In the case of the Sera, everything else is totally unique to the car and not common with any other Toyotas. Standard equipment is a tricky one too - the car was a base model with an enormous optional extras list, some more desirable/valuable than others.

The Paseo ( from memory) came in 3 different specs in the UK.

Not sure of the Starlet variants.

All three are very capable cars, yet very different from each other. They DO have belts rather than chains but this shouldn't worry you. A new belt is about 25 quid and takes a couple of hours to fit. The engines are easy to work on yourself ( not too bogged down with electronics ).

Parts and add-ons for all three are available, though the Paseo and Starlet are easier to find due to the fact that they were both UK sold cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links