Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had My Car Mapped - Resultys

McLovin

Today was the day for mapping my rebuilt NA engine, I installed a Greddy emanage ultimate ECU a few weeks back, and today me and Mister Mo took it to Thor-Racing in Coventry for mapping.

The results are quite good, the car feels smoother, idles better and definately pulls harder, it also is giving me a safe basis for my nitrous

anyway the results, I had 2 dyno plots done, one as it went in before any mapping, and the final one on a complete map. The first map is showing that the car was producing 129.5 BHP at the wheels, the second map is showing its producing 153.7 BHP at the wheels. Thats not bad I reckon, to say the stock 3sge engine comes with 158bhp at the FLY, and now Im not far off that figure at the wheels! The guy who mapped it obviously knew what he was doing. I havent a clue how he did it, because it all seemed a bit secretive, my car in a dyno cell behind closed doors and then the workshop shutters down, with me and mo sitting in a waiting room lol.. plus talking to the mapper seemed to be an awkward process :huh:

so all in all it went in for mapping, and came back out with a 24.2bhp increase, a good idle, a smooth power delivery and a safer engine.

on the list now is to complete my NOS and quieten the exhaust...

cheers

not bad dale what its running at the fly then ? im after the 200bhp at the fly so would be interesting to see what you got :)

Im not sure on the fly figure as it wasnt measured by the Dyno, I believe its common that MR2 owners say there is around a 20% difference is transmission loss

So you're looking at around 185 @ fly which is quite respectable, it definately feels a lot better and pulls a lot harder at the top end, much improved and well worth the money Mr Mcbummin.

What the hell was he on about lol it was just random words strung together but quite entertaining.

When we got back i had to take McNuffin out in my car to show him what proper power is all about and make kids cry and their dad shat himself, aint that right sonny :lol:

Impressive results there matey, with a nice smooth curve :thumbsup:

Mo

Hehehe your turbo is impressive, I dont think the father of 2 guarding his kids thought so though ;) lol

Yeah, I still cant get over how the words were just words and didnt form sentences, it was like summat from the flintstones :|

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links