Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bonet Problem....

epaulina

My husband tried to lift the car bonet today and one of the teeth that catches into the latch has broken off. There were two and now there is just the one left. We're not having the car serviced until next month. Is this likey to cause any problems, I can't see how we can get a replacement for this as its just a small part. We're not experienced with cars and my husband is really worried that the bonet will open on its own while driving.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paulina

Hi

Not too sure which bit you mean.... all I would say is that if the bonnet does fly up at speed it is terrifying and you will probably crash or at least hit the curb and damage something, let alone one smashed windscreen and a new bonnet and hinges.... it is not worth taking the risk. Bring the service forward or take it to Toyota or another garage a.s.a.p.

If you have to drive it then tie the bonnet down somehow to physically stop it coming open....

Pete

Hi

Not too sure which bit you mean.... all I would say is that if the bonnet does fly up at speed it is terrifying and you will probably crash or at least hit the curb and damage something, let alone one smashed windscreen and a new bonnet and hinges.... it is not worth taking the risk. Bring the service forward or take it to Toyota or another garage a.s.a.p.

If you have to drive it then tie the bonnet down somehow to physically stop it coming open....

Pete

Thanks Pete

Not sure how I can explain it. There used to be two teeth (under the bonet ) that went into the latch when closed, now there is only one. We have a Toyota garage near us, do you think they would just have a look and tell us if/how it needs replacing?

Hi

Pete

Thanks Pete

Not sure how I can explain it. There used to be two teeth (under the bonet ) that went into the latch when closed, now there is only one. We have a Toyota garage near us, do you think they would just have a look and tell us if/how it needs replacing?

Toyota always seem pretty friendly to me. They will certainly know how to fix it and what parts you need, if they are expensive then try a breakers, tell them you can't afford it this month and will see them later.... There are loads being broken on eBay

Pete

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links