Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed - Toyota Starlet

redmanthinks

Hello everyone. :)

I just need some help on an intended purchase.

I`m looking for a runaround for my wife as a second car, and we`ve seen a Toyota Starlet (do n`t laugh) which, despite the fact that it would be the last car we would ever think of, is beginning to look like a decent proposition.

Where better to ask for advice than esteemed members of the TOC???

If I remember rightly, it`s a 1999 Starlet CD 3 door.

I plan to go back and take a test drive, so is there anything I should look for? any advice you can give and what sort of price could I expect to pay???

Many thanks

Redmanthinks

No idea about price, but it's a more than capable runaround.

The best advice I could give is that if you test drive it and something concerns you then let us know and we'll try to steer you in the right direction as to what the problems may be.

Good luck

( welcome to TOC by the way )

No idea about price, but it's a more than capable runaround.

The best advice I could give is that if you test drive it and something concerns you then let us know and we'll try to steer you in the right direction as to what the problems may be.

Good luck

( welcome to TOC by the way )

Thanks for the advice and the warm welcome

Regards Redmanthinks

Hi there mate,

having owned 2 starlets I know how great little cars they are. There arent really many problems with them, just check all the usual things, that it drives straight and there are no problems

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hou

Thanks for the advice.

We decided to go ahead and buy the car. Although it`s my wife`s car, I have a craftly little drive now and again, and it`s great. It`s a 1.3i and has lots of poke. No problems so far, touch wood.

Redmanthinks

Hi there mate,

having owned 2 starlets I know how great little cars they are. There arent really many problems with them, just check all the usual things, that it drives straight and there are no problems

A few years ago I looked at a Starlet as a car for my wife, due to the great deal given we went down the route of a Nissan instead but I think the Starlets are brilliant cars :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links