Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Come On Everton

GT4 BOOSTER

good luck lads , beat this scum lot. send them bottom .

2-2 at the mo.

Everton blowing a 2 goal lead !

I didn't have a bet on this game as I had absolutely no idea which Everton and which Newcastle would turn up.

Perform like that and 5th will be a distant dream, looks like a 12th place finish to me, sorry all Toffee's.

I agree, if we carry on performing like we have done there's absolutely no chance of us getting into Europe but we've got a talented bunch of players & if they can find their form soon I'm sure we'll be challenging come the end of the season. It's how many points we drop in the meantime that's the big worry, the longer we leave it before we improve the smaller the chance of us being able to mount a challenge

Ignoring his goal from yesterday is:

Marouane Fellaini a £15m player, cant say i had heard a lot about him before Everton bought him :unsure:

Neither had I but I hadn't heard of Tim Cahill, Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott, Mikel Arteta or Steven Pienaar before they signed for us either.

He's been poor for us since he signed but for a lad of his age to come to a foreign country with a new style of play, where he doesn't speak the language, when he doesn't know his teammates or the area where he lives is a big ask. The defensive midfield role is all about positioning & he's had no time to get to grips with things, he's been thrown in because we had no other cover & has struggled but that doesn't mean he's a bad player & I think given time he'll prove to be an excellent signing.

Ideally he'd have arrived well before pre-season & could have got settled in the area, been told all about his new role, had no-pressure friendlies to help get to help learn it & learned the basics of the language but that hasn't happened & his performances haven't been up to scratch as a result.

Neither had I but I hadn't heard of Tim Cahill, Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott, Mikel Arteta or Steven Pienaar before they signed for us either.

He's been poor for us since he signed but for a lad of his age to come to a foreign country with a new style of play, where he doesn't speak the language, when he doesn't know his teammates or the area where he lives is a big ask. The defensive midfield role is all about positioning & he's had no time to get to grips with things, he's been thrown in because we had no other cover & has struggled but that doesn't mean he's a bad player & I think given time he'll prove to be an excellent signing.

Ideally he'd have arrived well before pre-season & could have got settled in the area, been told all about his new role, had no-pressure friendlies to help get to help learn it & learned the basics of the language but that hasn't happened & his performances haven't been up to scratch as a result.

Did any of these cost near £15m? Tim Cahill, Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott, Mikel Arteta or Steven Pienaar, i cant remember but i dont think they did.

I hope he turns out to be good player for you :thumbsup:

Did any of these cost near £15m? Tim Cahill, Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott, Mikel Arteta or Steven Pienaar, i cant remember but i dont think they did.

I hope he turns out to be good player for you :thumbsup:

None of them cost anywhere near that but that doesn't mean he's not a good player. He was excellent against the *****e in the 2 games he played for Liege in when he was familiar with his job. It'd be stupid to judge a player on 2 games but they showed he was capable of doing well against English teams. The majority of blues are questioning why we signed him but I'm someone who's prepared to give a player a chance to settle instead of expecting amazing performances as soon as he arrives, especially in the circumstances.

He showed glimpses of his quality against Newcastle & that's giving me hope that as time goes on he'll prove himself. Moyes has said he watched him for 2 years before signing him & while it sounds as if he's cost a few quid more than we wanted to pay, sometimes for high quality you've got to spend big money & in the past we've missed out on top class players for the sake of paying that little bit extra.

Only time will tell if he's worth it but the culture in football is to expect instant results & at times it's stupid. I always give a player a year in a new country before I judge him because many players take time to settle before showing their class, Thierry Henry & Didier Drogba being examples, they were poor in their 1st seasons & then world class in their 2nd

• 3 weeks later...

Kev, i think your man Fellaini has been on the forum after yesterdays effort!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links