Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev Counter Red Line Lights Stay On?

quenching

Hi All,

Hope you guys can help with a question relating to my mothers 01 Yaris CDX, hence all info is secondhand related to me over the phone by an elderly lady!!! I'm told that there are two red lines that stay lit under 7 on the digital rev counter on her car, this hasn't been noticed before, that said it may always have been there and nobody pointed it out to her. The blue/green bars under the 1-6 range go on and off as engine speed changes but she says the red ones stay on even when idling. So can anyone tell me is this normal or an indication of a problem? Its VERY unlikely she revved the engine up to 7k and I didn't want to ask her to do it now in case their staying on was a problem indicator that could be worsened by here revving it hard.

Any advice much appreciated.

Q

Here's a pic of our one (when it was a baby hence the 800 miles). I presume the red bit you mention is the bit showing in the below pic - which is completely normal.

The rev bars go up and down above the curve with the numbers underneath it.

PS: We have a Phase 2, so the dash is a tiny bit different to the one your Mum has.

disp0404.jpg

Here's a pic of our one (when it was a baby hence the 800 miles). I presume the red bit you mention is the bit showing in the below pic - which is completely normal.

The rev bars go up and down above the curve with the numbers underneath it.

PS: We have a Phase 2, so the dash is a tiny bit different to the one your Mum has.

disp0404.jpg

Thanks Blue84, I'd say you're right and she's only noticed it now, I'll talk to her again today. Your help is much appreciated.

Q

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links