Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Going Salaried

vmail

Can anyone help me to find out what are the benefits of going salaried. My normal contract is 40hr/week but I have sometimes been working upto 120hr/week.

I have been told that if I go salaried I will have a pay rise and less workload.

But I cant see this, I think the pay rise will be nowhere near what I am getting now and I don’t think there are any guarantees that there will be less work to do.

Can anyone help me to find out what are the benefits of going salaried. My normal contract is 40hr/week but I have sometimes been working upto 120hr/week.

I have been told that if I go salaried I will have a pay rise and less workload.

But I cant see this, I think the pay rise will be nowhere near what I am getting now and I don’t think there are any guarantees that there will be less work to do.

More work you do the more TAX you have to pay...seems a ploy to get your employer not to pay you as much but get the same amount of work out of you....

Benefits like sick pay and holiday pay......weigh up the choices and options best suited to you....

Do not go salaried if you have to work more hours than you are contracted.

I only stick it out because I'm on a fairly decent wage but when you start putting the hours in your 'rate per hour' goes down!

6 months ago I was working rediculous hours and some people on hour rates were on more money than me with way less responcibilities!

I'm loving it now because I'm getting my hours back as we are not so busy!

You have some good answers already, and to the nub of the point.

If your employer is very competitively driven then they could simply be looking at how much they pay you and saying gosh, how much can we save by making him salaried. If there are no additional benefits on offer then it is a clear move to reduce the costs, ie how much they have to pay you

The rights of someone with 12 continious employment are the same as a full time worker, weather you are salaried or not makes no difference in the way they have to treat you. Its normally used as a benefit to the staff they wish to retain.

You need to know the exact wage rise or pay for the grade, consider holidays, pension rights etc, do salaried workers get any benefits, are there other posts like yours being converted, other people being offered the same? Check the offer with your last P60 telling you how much you were paid in the last year.

Would really need to know more about their operating procedure to say more.

If you push too hard what will they do, are they inclined to force you?

At a guess are they a closely owned and managed business, its seems like a tight move

The average salary is around £24,000 a year based on a 40 hour week.

If you earned lets say £10/hour for every hour you did then you would be on £400/week for 40 hours and if as you say when you do 120 hours technically the minimum you could earn there is £1200.

If you are on a salary your contract will state working times and hours. You NEED A CONTRACT.

Anything worked over that should be paid at an agreed overtime rate - sometime 1.5 or 2.0 times the normal hourly rate. Bank holidays maybe more.

You seem to travel a lot in your work so all that needs to be included in the salaried hours.

Employers have an obligation to their staff and you can get all the details from the C.A.B. or other organisation... GOOGLE.

Overtime doesn't last forever in any business and just because you do 120 hours one week, in the future you may never see it again. There is a recession looming and costs need to be cut...PERIOD.

With a salary you know where you stand in full and then anything above that is the bonus.

So it sounds like they are paying off your overtime (but not all of it).

How do you manage to actually work 120 hours a week? that is over 17 hours work a day EVERY day, inc Sat & Sun.

There is actually the WTD that all Countries in the EC have to take account of, which limits the working week to 48 hours except for certain professions - so actually your employer is probably in a risky situation approving and paying your 120Hrs a week.

It is not unusual for Salaried staff to do extra hours without pay. Contracts often say you will be expected to work hours that are required by the business, but there should be a standard amount.

I do not get any O/T and have often worked weekends and evenings at no extra pay and hit 80 hours a week on occasion - but on the upside, when it is slow, end up working less then 37 hours without a reduction in pay.

Swings and Roundabouts, and the WTD helps a lot to keep things on your side a bit (which is why employers are not that keen on it)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links