Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Years And Miles

John R

1990 - 37,000 miles

Nothin major.. only had the car for 6months. In that space of time though, I've had 2 calipers die on me. Supposedly a toyota problem. They're prone to it.

Apart from that just the normal brake pads, dizzy cap, etc, etc.

It all depends on how it's been looked after in the past really.

1998 - 54,000 miles

Had no problems in the one and a half years I've had it.

However if you can count it as a problem I did have the front wing crumpled by a hit'n'run Renault Espace in a car park.

(Just realised this is an MR2 group! Doh! I drive an Avensis, oh well.)

Edited by dazwan

Mine is a 92 ..

arrived with 45k miles on the clock .. I've added 30k in 2 years ..

I changed all the belts when it arrived. and have been through 3 alternator belts.

I've changed the following :-

Clutch (killed the stock one)

Flywheel (uprated with the clutch)

Brake Disks (uprated)

Brake Pads (uprates - when old ones worn)

Brake Hoses (braided)

Brake Fluid (5.1 from 4)

Suspension (after a leaky strut)

alloys

Body Kit

Exhaust (after the old one started blowing)

Filter (HKS to Apexi)

and most of that is wear and tear ..

Mine is a 96 GLtd arrived with 35k Km now after 18 months at 81k Km. Only had services, 2 new rear tyres and front brake pads.

Ive bought my car 3 odd months ago with 42k miles, its a late 96 revision 4 tubby and ive since done 3k odd more.

The only stuff thats gone 'wrong' is the dizzy and rotor arm conk out on me on xmas of all days. After that I little incident I replaced:

Coolant

Engine oil

Oil filter

Fuel filter

Alternator belt

A/C belt

HT leads

Sparkplugs

Distributor cap

Rotor Arm

All above parts came up to £278 and labour £120. Ive input oil gunk cleaner thingy and fuel line cleaner stuff along with the changes. Ive still to change gerabox oil. This is general maintenece. Its running super clean now.

Ive not yet added mods on..which will be well over a grand.

BIBBS:

Mines a '92 imported N/A built in september of that year.

I saw you've uprated a few things so you could be a good contact for me!

Im really interested in sorting out replacing discs and pads all round but EVERYWHERE i've been to state there are different size discs and pads for this year of car - Whats your take on all this and can you help me out a bit here!

Im looking a EBC discs and Greenstuff pads but need correct sizes / model numbers etc etc...

Also, i think whilst its being done i will get the hoses replaced with stainless ones and get the calipers cleaned out and greased up! Again - any ideas / tips for this?

Thanks

Adam

have a look Here

Rev1's (on 14's) had smaller brakes .. when the car got 15's - it also got bigger brakes.

Dunno about EBC, but Black Diamond disks are just stock ones with hold drilled in. Hence the reason I went for Red.Dot (£60 a disk).

And Goodridge are the best hoses as they come with the correct mountings. Others dont.

I've got my old disks in the garage if anyone wants them .. plenty of meat left ..

I have a 1993 Gen III GT-S, I brought it with 55,000 milles and now It's done 65,000 miles. Before I brought it the previousl owner had all the ignition parts changed and the oils etc done, It needed a wheel bearing done which he paid for after I brought it, It already had an HKS exhaust, I swapped out the stock airbox for a cold airbox and pod, swapped the stock bov for an aftermarket one that vent's to the atmo, and added an ebc. Only thing Iv'e had to do is the tyres. I am however overdue with the cambelt....and rear tyres are next too.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Typical, they don't have a 1998 review!... I suppose the 1997 will be the same. Good good. Cheers!

Just did one for my 98, hope that helps.

1992, Rev 2 - 59899 miles. I'm piling on around 12,000 - 16,000 miles a year now, so this is gonna go up pretty steeply. Oh well..... :)

Nothing major has gone wrong at all, but I do change the oil regularly, and the coolent/gearbox fluids etc. at the correct intervals. It's also important to allow turbo engines to idle for a while, particularly after a long hard drive.

Bibbs,

Can you either mail me or post on here details of these discs / hoses / pads and where the best place to order them from is please?

Also, there is a protector thing that is hanging off underneath the rear of my car and i think its the Cat protector, im gonna get it off tomorrow but whats this about legally removing the cat??? Will mine be ok to do this aswell - its something else i've been thinking of doing.

THanks again,

Adam

Adamtitto@hotmail.com

My Jap G-Ltd is a 91' H and has done 92,000 kms / 57,000 miles and has had nothing go wrong.....it's got loads of history......only thing it's had is tyres !

My Uk GT is a 91'H 122,000 miles on and has had all brakes replaced and as far as I know that's about it apart from the usual cam belt and stuff......however is currently suffering from worn sychros in 2nd gear...not major but annoying.

Can you either mail me or post on here details of these discs / hoses / pads and where the best place to order them from is please?

Disks .. Red.Dot direct - look on www.imoc.co.uk, then affiliates ..

Hoses .. Goodridge - I know Matt @ www.revision6.com has a 2nd hand set, but otherwise I dunno (got mine in a group purchase) - try demon thieves, sorry tweeks.

Pads .. I'm running MTTE - not the most grippy, but last ages and good for my commute mobile .. otherwise speak to Brakes Internations (IMOC affiliate again).

Mine is almost 11 years old (at the end of the month) and has 105k miles.

I have owned it since Oct '02, think I have done about 13k in it.

I have changed:

caliper

front pads and discs

(apart from the normal service stuff).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links