Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lil' Help Deciding Please.

-T- Sport

Help!!!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which...?

• Single Din
    • Double Din
    • Neither, Stick with CD/MP3

Howdy.

At the mo I'm thinking about getting an in-dash DVD player of some sort.

Can't really decide whether I'd rather got for single Din fold up or a double Din screen.

Single Din

Double Din

Anybody got any opinions, or reasons why I should / shouldn't pick one or another.

Cheers

Kearon

Double IMO as it will resemble the factory Nav :thumbsup:

I have a single din motorised unit. If you switch off the ignition it folds away automatically, thats good. If your watching the screen while parked with the engine off and then start the car the screen folds away, not always good. Would this matter to you?

i think double din would look better mate

just with how high the stero is on the dashboard think it might not look that good with single din motorised screen

an lookin at man-bing's looks really good an looks tidy

i dont know much about them but i know that what martin is on about is really annoying. the double din looks nicer anyway!!

The Double-din does seem more sensible. But looks at Smoftahs old install of his Double Din it wasn't the tidyest in the world. I think that Bings is a very well done job of his own! Hmmm.

I voted Double-Din for the same reasons as Cab Curtains (and just fitted a Double-Din in my RAV this weekend :thumbsup:)

One advantage of the single-Din motorised is you can't tell if there is a flash big-screen unit fitted so easily, which could be important depending on the kind of places you leave you car :g:

Where the photos of the units you referring to, guys? like to have a look :)

EDIT: Found them :thumbsup:

A car's for driving! :driving:

If you want to watch a DVD stay at home!! :lol:

andy had a single din in his mr2!

hes looking into getting a dvd player installed so i can wact dvd on long trips to scotland

I personally think there are fewer mods that are takier then the "fold out" screens!

Double DIN looks way better, as said above looks more "facotry" and does cover your heater vents/controls etc (depending on car)

My old Hilux ran a Alpine IVA-202 with the Ipod conection and bluetooth handsfree kit... Highly recomended, although the IVA-205 is neater as you can dock a removable blackbird sat nav unit directly inside it for the full factory installed feel.

andy had a single din in his mr2!

hes looking into getting a dvd player installed so i can wact dvd on long trips to scotland

Yes, I have single DIN screen,

I like the option of folding it away and it also leaves me with another DIN to put what I like in there, I currently have an MP3 player.

Y'see that's why I wanted a single din, Ease of hiding it when you're not in the car.

I'd also like the touch screen function however and the one sin my price range don't seem to have that option. But the example shown on the single din link has far more options than the double dins.

Y'see that's why I wanted a single din, Ease of hiding it when you're not in the car.

I'd also like the touch screen function however and the one sin my price range don't seem to have that option. But the example shown on the single din link has far more options than the double dins.

i got sevec touch screen single din in mine theres one on eBay now £240 brand new with security panel cant fault it..... folded away looks factory fitted recomended

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links