Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gratuitous Photos Of My Finished Project.

Vince W

B) Four cam, 32 valve 4.0 Lexus V8. Around 250bhp. More than twice power than the old 2.4 diesel lump and just as economical!

engine1.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck2.jpg

No worries.

A very nice and tidy conversion.......well done that man

Cheers

Paul

• 5 weeks later...

Hey v

Thats a very neat conversion indeed, well done. If i may ask, what transmission are you on ans are you using a stand alone engine management system? Also, how do you raise the front suspension beyond the torsion bar limit?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey v

Thats a very neat conversion indeed, well done. If i may ask, what transmission are you on ans are you using a stand alone engine management system? Also, how do you raise the front suspension beyond the torsion bar limit?

Thanks. I bought a complete Lexus LS400 and used the engine, transmission, wiring loom and ECU.

The Surf's transfer case bolts directly onto the rear of the Lexus transmission, after cutting 50mm off the output shaft.

The front of my truck is higher because the V8 is all aluminium and around 100kg lighter than the 2.4 turbo diesel engine.

It also has a 2" bodylift, essential to get the V8 back far enough to get a radiator in.

Hope that helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links