Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Asap - Good Deal Or Not For A 07 Avensis T-spirit?

Fizz

Replacement car for 'me maa' and popped into our local Toyota dealership (used dept) and found the following car.

June/07 Reg Toyota Avensis T-spirit 2.2 D4D in black

10,500k on the clock... black... T-spirit is the highest spec, inc in dash touch screen satnav, black leathers, electric seat adjstment, cruise etc etc... Pristine condition and looks like it just come off the production line.

'Apparently' it was up for £14k for 4 weeks and they then reduced it to £13k a week prior to us walking into the dealership.

They were not going to budge with the price and best they could do was throw in a years road tax to which we said we would think about it and get back to them.

Having decided £12k is our budget, i rang the chap up at the dealership and told him that we are going to give it a miss as £12k is max we can stretch. He told me to leave it with him and he got back to me 15min later stating they would accept the £12k for it.

Had a look on the Trader and none seem to be below £12900 and none of them are black, all silver/grey etc.

Glasses guide says in excellent condition the car is worth £12k p/x.

Anyone got anything further to add? Off today to put the deposit down after work so thought id ask quickly...

cheers in Advance. :thumbsup:

Fizz

well.. i dont know if that includes a years road tax and a full tank but i shall barter that with them tonight when i walk in to sign on the dotted line...

well.. i dont know if that includes a years road tax and a full tank but i shall barter that with them tonight when i walk in to sign on the dotted line...

Fizz there is some wheeler dearlers in us all there not gonna worry about 60 quids worth of stuff when your spending 12k well not if they have any sense

Daz

When you read the below then the deal at £12k is only ok, the cars trade value will be around £10k tops. When the new Avensis comes out next year values for this car will get hammered. As nice as the Avensis is, they aren't a premium car so residuals will be weak. If you keep it for or a long time none of this matters but if you wish to swap in 2yrs it will be a £5-6,000 car.

I would wait till the new one comes out and the values tumble.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/...31&plate=84

Daz - Your spot on...

Cabcurtains - Sadly the Parkers aint as accurate as people think and its the Glasses guide that people in the Trade use as their bible.

http://www.glass.co.uk/index.php?prtid=ukf67bucen ;)

With regards to depreciation it wont really matter as we keep the cars for circa 6/7 years at least in the family... :)

Basically im looking for the best deal i can get right now and im aware that the new avensis is due out next year.

The same car was over 21K new a year ago :eek:

Prices of used cars have fallen dramatically in recent months and you can find some fantastic deals out there at the moment. It looks the right price

Kingo :thumbsup:

£21k?? Really? I thought it was circa £18k for the T-spirit?

Either way its good news for us! :)

2007/07 5 door T Spirit was £21042 according to my blurb :lol:

Daz - Your spot on...

Cabcurtains - Sadly the Parkers aint as accurate as people think and its the Glasses guide that people in the Trade use as their bible.

With regards to depreciation it wont really matter as we keep the cars for circa 6/7 years at least in the family... :)

Basically im looking for the best deal i can get right now and im aware that the new avensis is due out next year.

Where do you think Parkers get their prices from?! They used to come from Glasses, typically as well Glasses over value cars and its CAP that have more realistic prices.

Anyway if its a nice car and your happy with it then go for it, as you say if it wont be getting sold for years depreciation wont matter.

Daz - Your spot on...

Where do you think Parkers get their prices from?! They used to come from Glasses, typically as well Glasses over value cars and its CAP that have more realistic prices.

Anyway if its a nice car and your happy with it then go for it, as you say if it wont be getting sold for years depreciation wont matter.

CAP price is taken from auctions like Manheim etc and as such dont reflect the retail p/x values of cars but alas this is a debate for another time... lol :)

As you say depreciation aint really an issue and if what Parts King says is correct thats one hell of a drop in value for a car thats not even 1.5 years old... :)

Agreed, the mystery of late plate values is another discussion ;)

£9000 discount in 10,000 miles :D

Is the car an ex Toyota one i.e the reg starts with G?

GR07 Ex Demo car. :)

Cool at least some poor bu**er didnt have to take the 9k hit! :lol:

Good Luck doing the deal :thumbsup:

Yes residuals have taken a dive this year, but have now slowed. You can get some fantastic deals on late model cars. Now is the time to buy.

You wouldnt want a big X5 these days, I know of a company buying as many as they can for 14K :eek: and selling them on too!...........Everything has a price, just not the price you want to get for your car :lol:

Deal has been done and just waiting for the money transfer to complete before we pick the car up hopefully by Sat.

They offered a 3 Toyota service deal where we pay a fixed amount of £180 per service for the next 3 years even if the prices rise over that period. That price includes the parts for the service.

Also took the GAP offer @ £299.

All in all we cant really complain and am looking forward to taking it for a propper test drive before i hand it over to my old dear.. :)

sounds a good result, Fizz.

I bought a similar service package and mine included one free MOT - maybe worth checking if you got that tucked away in the small print :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links