Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed!

Funkadelic

The MR2 T-Bar I'm looking at buying, as it turns out, is an L reg and not a J reg...

I think that makes it 1995?

Would there be any difference between the two cars? Apparently they're slightly more powerful. Is this so?

believe they are the same torque .. but the rev3+ moves the power up 500 rpm ..

174 bhp stock - but I think it's actually slower to 60 than the 154 bhp ..

But in general the rev3+ were built better, look nicer (rear lights, colour coding, steering wheel, spoiler, front lip) ..

They also hold their value better ..

174bhp sounds right.

I've been trying to find accurate 0-60 times for MR2s but am not really having an awful lot of luck...

I've so far managed to find out that one variant of the n/a MR2 will get to 60 in 8.5sec, andother in 7.7sec and another in roughly 7.5sec.

Which is which?

It's all a bit confusing!

the book figures are not realistic anyhow .. 7.5 sounds about right .. was about that in my old NA ..

Cheers (again), Bibbs. You've been a gret help.

7.5 is enough to keep me smiling for a bit, I should think. :D

I should be able to shave a teeny bit off that over time with a few mods too. Just need to do a bit of reading up on the engine really.

I'll be going to take a look at it fairly soon, so if you still wouldn't mind coming to take a look with me I'll give you a shout pretty soon, if that's alright?

that's fine mate ..

MR2's are not all about 0-60's .. it's all about corners at speed .. and looking cool while you do it .. :lol::thumbsup:

Oh, believe me I fully understand that, but a bit of straight line speed is always a plus as far as the old smile factor is concerned! :thumbsup:

The car definitely looks cool - No worries there ;)

Shame about the potential future driver though haha!

I'm quite excited now the ball is rolling. Wahoo!

you'll just have to introduce me to these ladies :thumbsup:

it defo looks nice .. I need to get a 2nd car and I'd love a "comute" MR2 :D

Sure, mate - That could be just the kind of start I need to get my pimping business off the ground B)

I'd bring them to meets and trackdays (which I'm sure you must have on this 'ere forum!) and so on but of course, I won't have enough seats :D

It's hard to be a pimp in an MR2 .. hence the reason I want an Altezza.

HI,

An L reg would make it a '93/'94 car wouldnt it?

Mines a '92 build september of that year. So i its a mrkII???

Cheers

Adam

(ps, just finished work and spun it 180degrees out of a junction - f**kin mint.!!

have a search on this forum (MR2) for a post by me (Bibbs) containing the word "chassis" .. it was posted a few months ago..

It's a list of chassis numbers and when they were made .. obviously registration could have been a lot after that.

An L reg would make it a '93/'94 car wouldnt it?

Mines a '92 build september of that year. So i its a mrkII???

Cheers

Adam

(ps, just finished work and spun it 180degrees out of a junction - f**kin mint.!!

Im sure yoursll be a rev2. Just look at the spoiler and lights itll give the game away.

Funkadelic im not sure about this but that black MR2 your looking at doesnt have side repeaters in the pic. Wouldnt that make it an MOT failure? You should get this confirmed.(unless hes photo-edited it outta the pic to make it make it look more slick :) )

Wouldnt that make it an MOT failure? Can any1 confirm this?

Having just the toblerone makes it an MOT failure .. but they never seem to ..

Yes but you can see why MOT stations let it go...there is a least some kind of indication on the side of the car. But that black un Funkadelic is lookin at has jack. The previous owner either has a VERY freindly MOT place OR hes just got the mod done this year and cant be ubikd correcting it and is selling it off. Its important cos Funkadelic can knock off a good whack off the price for this if it is an 'illegal' mod that he will have to spend money correcting.

Those nasty toblerones could be obtained from a breaker on the cheap but you dont wanna tell the seller that of course :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links