Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bizarra

On my daily run through the postings of interest, I noticed a few replies & postings from "Guest". On checking through the list of people logged in, Birthdays & top posters I found 11 posts credited to "Guest"

On a few occasions my posts were blocked by flood control & when I retried I got the answer "You are not entitled to reply to this post" & was invited to log in, even though I hadn't logged out. It has happened again, just now, & this is my 2nd go @ typing this :ffs: . What I had typed was saved, somewhere, but I can't find it.

Anyway, the long & short of it is, I didn't think that Visitors/ guests could post. It isn't life threatening :lol: but I can't help wondering :g:

Someone on probation ?

You have to be registered to post, occasionally people post who get demoted to "guest" status... effectively they have been removed from the site.

If you had tried to post last night you may have come across a few "guests" and also a few closed threads due to these "guests"

If you are trying to post in a thread a moderator has just closed or moved to another part of the forum you will get the message you got. :)

You have to be registered to post, occasionally people post who get demoted to "guest" status... effectively they have been removed from the site.

If you had tried to post last night you may have come across a few "guests" and also a few closed threads due to these "guests"

If you are trying to post in a thread a moderator has just closed or moved to another part of the forum you will get the message you got. :)

Thanks, Em. The problem is that it happened when I was in the middle of that new post :( . I may have lost the Internet for a moment & didn't notice (Switched to Talk Talk & am stuck for a year. big mistake) but even so, I can close TOC without logging out , come back a few minutes later & still be logged in :D

but even so, I can close TOC without logging out , come back a few minutes later & still be logged in :D

Can do the same thing with Firefox... close it and then re-open a while later and still be logged in.... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

not if you change ISP, it will then treat you as a new user

where as facebook recognises me no matter what ISP I am using

I noticed a few replies & postings from "Guest".....I found 11 posts credited to "Guest".....

Plus the thing I've noticed is that the "Guest" postings I've seen appear to be more interesting than the "established" members in the same thread. Couldn't see anything wrong with the posts so is it because they are more interesting but not part of the "in crowd"?

Therefore demoted to silence them?

Finally is it just me or are there some incredibly lame topics being allowed! Like bed clothes,Dreamy ones etc..

More Toyota ones please !(even if only slightly related),

i.e. Which Toyota do you dream about most,

or do you roll your sleeping bag up in the morning when you wake up in your Toyota , {just because you forgot your wifes birthday,again!}:lol: :lol:

Of course I'm only being flippant but simply giving the idea of what I mean.

Are you related to Flexy ;) :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links