Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav On Yaris Sr Question

Solway

Hi all,

just picked up brand spanking new Yaris SR Diesel today, and loving it.. :D

Just realised that there is no mains charger, software disc etc for the Tomtom, should I have been given these with the car?

The dealer does not reopen till Monday, so if someone can put me in the picture if I am missing something, it would be much appreciated.

Hi all,

just picked up brand spanking new Yaris SR Diesel today, and loving it.. :D

Just realised that there is no mains charger, software disc etc for the Tomtom, should I have been given these with the car?

The dealer does not reopen till Monday, so if someone can put me in the picture if I am missing something, it would be much appreciated.

Good choice - I picked mine up last saturday!

I got a white box with all the TomTom stuff in, including mains charger, various manuals and CD's.... Suggest you speak to your dealer!

• 2 weeks later...

Had my new Yaris since May this year. You should have charger, usb cable and manual. Your dealer should have set up the SATNAV ready for use and so you don't need the software (CD). However, make sure it contains the correct size memory card. I was first given one half the necessary size and it 'crashed'. (SATNAV - not car!) Took 3 months to get the correct one.

Enjoy your new car

The dealer had forgotten to give me the box with the charger, usb cable etc, sorted now.

Well :angry:

Yep you guessed it, the SD card corrupted itself, the car was less than a week old. I spoke with the service manager, he checked up, and said my car should have had an updated card fitted, but hadn't.

They have one on order as we speak.

Is it purely down to the size of the card fitted that is causing the problem, does anyone know for sure?

Would it be possible for me to copy the contents of the new card via the PC and copy them to another card, giving me a spare, or is there more to it than that?

Yes, it was the card size causing the problem. Mine is working ok now. I recommend you set up TomTom Home on your computer for a back-up. I hope you don't have to wait as long as I did for the card.

Yes it is just the card size that's the issue and yes you can copy the files onto a larger card - I did...

I couldn't even get the backup in Tomtom home to work on the smaller card.

First thing I did when got my new car home was copy the files onto a folder on my PC.

The thing to make sure is that you copy all the hidden file too.

Once viewing the SD card in a folder. You need to go into "Tools" then "Folder Options" the "View".

Click on the option that says "Show hidden files and folders". Then make sure the "Hide protected operating system files" option is UNticked. That way you can definately see all the files.

Copy them to a folder on your PC and that's the perfect backup.

Insert a new 2GB card and copy the files to that and the jobs done.

My card corrupted whilst actually trying to do the backup in Tomtom Home - but I'd already taken made the backup folder and I just copied the files to a spare 2GB card and it all was fine again....

Once I'd put the 2GB card in, Tomtom Home backup worked OK too.....

Dealer sent me a new SD card, they also sent me a firmware upgrade disc for head unit, with the instructions from Toyota on how to do it.

Did the upgrade, put the new card in the tomtom, so far so good.

Only thing I noticed, I can't seem to get the tomtom to shutdown, the rest of the head unit switches off, but not the tomtom, only when I take the ignition key out, does it turn off. I'm worried this way might end up corrupting the SD card.

Also, when I connect the tomtom to the PC, the tomtom software does not see the satnav, the PC sees it, but not the software, strange :huh: I'm using version 1.6, the one off the disc that came with it. Is there a newer version available that supports the Toyota tomtom?

I've had problems and a long running dispute with TomTom over this sat nav since purchasing my Yaris back in the Spring. It did work OK but I very quickly realised that there was no way to update either the maps or the software or to participate in the mapshare feature, or even buy new maps!! When you would connect it to your computer and load up TomTom Home, all you could get was the file for quickly locating the satellites which comes out very week. At the time there was a discussion going backwards and forwards for weeks before finally being told - sorry, you just can't.

It surfaced again a few weeks ago when I tried to purchase updates for the installed maps and again they wouldn't install. They where on the card (a 2Gb one) but the software couldn't see them and I was still using the old map version, 675.1409. Eventually again, after numerous questions and answers through their support site, wiping cards clean (several times) and reinstalling again they had me download new operating software - version 7.831, and a "clear flash tool" to run first before installing "again". This changed the operating system quite dramatically and now I can update maps, mapshare, the lot.

It took a while because at the start Toyota bought this system from a third party manufacturer and TomTom where just ignoring it until the complaints started to come in.

If you have any problems go to the link below, sign up and ask loads of questions.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomto...ser/std_alp.php

I puchased my '08 Urban Runner two weeks ago Sunday, and the SD card on the Tomtom corrupted 4 days after I got it. The dealer said that I would have it in two days (what a joke). I just called the parts department and he said that they weren't in stock and they had no idea when it would be coming in. Toyota should be proactive and replace these things before they deliver the cars to unsuspecting customers. They have to know by now of all of the issues with these hunks of junk!!!

Mark

Cleveland, Ohio

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links