Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mark 2 Yaris Sr, Tomtom & Ipod Problems

seeseeteevee

Hello,

Just this Aug 08 I downsized to a new Yaris SR to save the environment with lower petrol consumption.

Unfortunately the Navigator unit (TNS400) that comes with it has probems.

This unit seems to be made by Eclipse (AVN2210p), modified by Fujitsu Ten and has a TomTom fitted to it. Too many cooks!!!

http://www.eclipse-web.com/avn/avn2210poverviews.html

http://www.tomtom.com

1) Although this unit was shown to me to work with an iPod connected to the front USB during the test drive, when I try and connect my 3rd gen Video iPod to it says "Scanning ..." then after a while crashes. I have been back now twice to the dealer who first said that the latest TomTom software needs to be loaded along with a new SD card. They did this and wiped all my personal settings but the thing still crashes when my iPod is connected to it. My iPod has the latest software on it v1.3 and works on my son's Honda Accord and other son's Honda Civic.

Now the dealer says Toyota is saying that I need to buy an iPod cable and have it fitted at extra cost to the back of the unit.

2) The TomTom Home CD supplied by Toyota for the PC was an old version 1.6.0.20 which did not connect to the TomTom device. When I phoned TomTom they said it was a really old version they asked me to download the latest 2.4.0.104 version which I did and now my PC can connect to the TomTom. However when I try to set a 4-digit security code for the TomTom device using the Set Owner and "Operate My TomTom Device", it says that the "Activation code for the Western_Europe_1GB map" is not valid. I rang TomTom who say that Toyota have done something to the SD card and they cannot do anything about it. I have 2 other TomTom devices for my sons' cars and they have no such problems setting the 4-digit security code or activating their maps in their SD cards.

3) The TomTom bluetooth connection to my mobile seems to connect but the voice quality is bad. Also it correctly mutes the music if I make a call on the phone but does not mute the music when I accept an incoming call and there seems no way of configuring this.

Even trying to explain these problems to the dealer seems futile as they do not seem to have any training or understanding of this unit.

Altogether I am extremely dissappointed by the way the dealer, Toyota and TomTom are just refusing to own the problem with this TNS400 unit. I can see many others who are having the same problem and a lot or time is being wasted for Toyota customer by Toyota and the dealers who do not seem to know what they are doing with this unit.

All my previous cars have been from Honda and really "Everything just works" on them. Toyota is really letting itself down with this untested unit which is cobbled together with bits from various manufacturers who refuse to own the problem along with Toyota who should have integration tested this better before releasing it to their customers.

If anyone has any solutions to the above problems, I would be grateful for your feedback.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links