Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisy Ride... Or Is It Just Me

Sammy Hallett

Hey guys,

I've had my 51 plate T-Sport for about a year now and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this...

I've been doing a fair bit of driving on the motorway lately and I;ve noticed that its a !Removed! noisy ride! I hit about 70 and its just really noisy. Just had some new tyres fitted (Toyo Proxes) but they are the same as the last ones and drive absolutely fine. I was thinking maybe its common with these tyres but I'm not too sure.

- Sam x

Hey guys,

I've had my 51 plate T-Sport for about a year now and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this...

I've been doing a fair bit of driving on the motorway lately and I;ve noticed that its a !Removed! noisy ride! I hit about 70 and its just really noisy. Just had some new tyres fitted (Toyo Proxes) but they are the same as the last ones and drive absolutely fine. I was thinking maybe its common with these tyres but I'm not too sure.

- Sam x

Hi, I have heard from some people that the T-sport is not that well insulated from sound, probably for weight but most likely due to naughty Mr. T trying to save a few quid!

Try fitting dynamat stuff into the doors, bootwell etc if it is too much. How far you go with this is up to you! Some just blast out noisier tunes!

Wind noise from wing mirrors is a well known issue..

Check the rubber seals around the doors for tears or gaps.. piece of A4 paper betwenn seals.. shut dooor, try to pull paper out.. Takes a while but finds any gaps..

May seem like an odd question, but have you had your tracking checked recently?

Bad tracking can make a serious difference to road noise at all speeds, even if it's only out by 1mm it can make a difference!

I'd suggest getting the tracking done, and check that all the wheels are balanced correctly.

As for the tyres, Toyo Proxes are an amazing tyre and are usually quiet on most road surfaces. I personally wouldn't put any other tyre on any of my cars!

May seem like an odd question, but have you had your tracking checked recently?

Bad tracking can make a serious difference to road noise at all speeds, even if it's only out by 1mm it can make a difference!

I'd suggest getting the tracking done, and check that all the wheels are balanced correctly.

As for the tyres, Toyo Proxes are an amazing tyre and are usually quiet on most road surfaces. I personally wouldn't put any other tyre on any of my cars!

Hey... thanks for replying, yeah I had my tracking sorted when I got my new tyres put on. Recently passed its MOT too with flying colours so I cant imagine its anything major. I've noticed it since I've had it, it sounds like I'm going over a really rubbish road with loads of noise coming off the road. Its not bothering me that much but my old Corsa was loads quieter and that was an old banger!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links