Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gasket Help Pls.

Calisto

I still have a little oil leak..its not as bad as it was but its their and I would rather it buggered off.

I have replaced the Rocker Cover gasket the outer one and the little one in the middle with Toyota's own gaskets, (the one I bought of eBay was sooo thin you could see where the oil was leaking from) and it has helped a bit.

Does any silicone need to be used in the corners or is this just added to be on the safe side?

Now I am looking to replace the sump gasket but have been told its not an actual rubber gasket, its silicone that is run around the edge and that the best place to get it is Mr T. can anyone shed some more light on this pls.?

Silicon engine sealant d784_2.JPGAbout £5.00 for a piddling little tube.

Bath sealant GPsealant.jpg About £2.00 for a big tube

Does the same job ;)

DONT use bath sealer, geeeeeez, :lol:

Bath sealer will not be able to withstand the heat generated, and you dont want to be doing this job again in 6 months :eek: The proper sealer is GBNGA-4K001 and costs £8.13 a go, with enough in one tube to do the sump with a tad leftover, PM me if you want one posting out. It is the proper stuff, but dont use it on your bath as the colour wont match :D: :D: :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have been in the HGV & heavy plant trade for nearly 40 years, I have assembled engines in trucks, plant, transmissions, axles and yes even used it for sealing a bath but I have NEVER had a problem using it ;)

Les

So I am correct in thinking that a rubber gasket IS NOT used for the sump?

But what about the little dabs of sealant in the corners of the Rocker cover gasket?

Yes I know you have Les, but it doesnt make it right!

The sump gasket is NOT a formed rubber type, it is silicone sealer

The rocker gasket IS a formed gasket, NOT silicone

Kingo :thumbsup:

hey ash,

like i told you and mike when you did it put a dot of sealant on the angle next to the cam shafts (where the gasket runs over the top.) but you would not believe me :P

as for the sump you need instant gasket (loctite) from halfrauds, i have to do mine as well so i can pick up the ight stuff for you if need be.

mike

Oh yeah if you don't mind pls Mike, Kiya is going to her boyfriends next Saturday and am I right in thinking you are getting yours done on Thursday, if so pls can you leave it with the other Mike when you go......much appreciated hun.

And thanks for the reply's chaps, very helpful.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links