Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealership Closures

Daffy

Hi all, new to all this posting and stuff.

Just thought I'd let everyone know about the BAD news. 2 dealerships closed today.

RCS900 at Slough and Browns at High Wycombe went into receivership.

All business is now finished, cars have been removed from sites, and all doors are locked.

I can't disclose who I work for as this would be un-professional, but take my word for it, it's true!!

Hi all, new to all this posting and stuff.

Just thought I'd let everyone know about the BAD news. 2 dealerships closed today.

RCS900 at Slough and Browns at High Wycombe went into receivership.

All business is now finished, cars have been removed from sites, and all doors are locked.

I can't disclose who I work for as this would be un-professional, but take my word for it, it's true!!

I went into RCS900 on Sunday and put down a deposit on a car, fingers crossed that I now get the money back!!

Any advice??

if you have paid by credit card you are fully projected

if you paid by debit card your not protected

if you paid by cash (upto £9,000) your not protected

Paid with a Visa Debit card!!

had a quick search on the net and looks like I am covered under the Visa chargeback system!!

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!

if you have paid by credit card you are fully projected

if you paid by debit card your not protected

if you paid by cash (upto £9,000) your not protected

strong words.....

wrong words?

If you used a VISA DELTA debit card, then you ARE protected via the chargeback system - if you call the banks call centre and their agent on the phone tells you your VISA DELTA Debit card has no protection, THEY are wrong and ask them to check with their supervisor.

had a quick search on the net and looks like I am covered under the Visa chargeback system!!

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!

Our posts crossed :lol:

Good result. That Chargeback process has a limit of 120 Days to claim back after the transaction date, so plenty of time yet but don't forget now :nono:

:D

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!

Good result. That Chargeback process has a limit of 120 Days to claim back after the transaction date, so plenty of time yet but don't forget now :nono:

Thanks for that!! yup I have a visa delta debit card!!

you really don't expect main dealers to go this way!! really I just want the car not the money back..but who knows where that has gone!

I dont know why anybody would be suprised in this current climate. If a large proportion of high ranking banks can go t1ts up then it must be very easy for a dealership to go wrong. It's all about cash flow, if the cash takes longer to turnover, the banks will throw a wobbly and pull the rug from under your feet, no matter how much profit you make! Sad fact of life I'm afraid and very worrying to all who work in the trade. There are already a few long established dealers gone to the wall in other franchises, I'm sure there will be more

Kingo :thumbsup:

I've heard Pendragoon are wobbling and the share price is on its *****.

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!

And if you have problems getting the money back, use companies house

http://www.companieshouse.org.uk/ "Webcheck"

to look up the home address of the Directors of any registered company (usually even those in process of going bust..) for £1, online.

There doesn't seem to be an RCS900 or "Browns Toyota" listed so I guess they were another named company trading as "RCS 900"

You might not get all your money back but visiting the guilty parties can make one feel better ;-)

Yours aye

2912pwil

There doesn't seem to be an RCS900 or "Browns Toyota" listed so I guess they were another named company trading as "RCS 900"

Maybe Daffy could give me some help on answering that question??

I paid a visit to RCS900 in Slough about 3 months ago whilst in the process of finding the best deal for my Corolla - Auris switch, and if the 'deal' they offered me was the best they could do, I really don't know how they managed to sell any cars.

They offered me £6k for my old SR and forgot to mention the £500 head start from Toyota on the new Auris SR at the time. In total it worked out at over £2k more than the what I finally paid through Dingles in Lowestoft, my parents home town.

ok, I dont know about the VISA debit card

Congrats on the new Avatar, Nadim :thumbsup:

It is a good likeness , imo :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links