Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Servicing

Calmity

Hi

Please be gentle with me this is my first post.

My lovely Yaris is due to have its 20,000 miles / 2 year service next week and the dealership wont give me a straight answer and I cant find anything on the Toyota website.

The dealership are implying that I need to arrange my service through them at a cost of £230. However other more local garages - including kwick fit and other car dealerships would charge £140 and up.

Clearly I wouldnt want to pay any additional money to the dealer for the same service as I can recieve with another car dealership. Also, i dont have much respect for the dealership where I bought my car - but it was the only dealer in the city where I could purchase my much loved toyota!

I am concerned about my warranty and wonder - is it is a condition of Toyota that you must choose the dealsership you purchased your car for servicing to keep the warranty valid?

Any info or advice much appreciate.

Thanks

Cals

[

I am having my 2 year 20k service done on my Yaris D4D this Saturday and have been quoted £240.

I say just to be on the safeside get the car serviced at Toyota during its warranty period. Some literature that was supplied in my handbook upon delivery said that one can take the car to a non Toyota dealer providing genuine Toyota parts are used. Double check with your dealer as Toyota GB will look for any excuse not to payout on a warranty claim resulting from problems caused by non franchised dealers.

£240 is steep but it does include brake fluid check and a valet.

Wonderful.

Current legislation allows you to have your car serviced at any garage ............It does not have to be Toyota............BUT you must ensure that only genuine Toyota spares are used.

It should not invalidate your warranty and may save you a bit of money.

The Toyota dealer willl ,of course, prefer you to take it back to him for servicing

^^^^^

What he says!

Basically, as long as the garage you use uses Toyota parts and approved oils etc, then your warranty will and can not be invalidated! :)

If you go to the Toyota website you can search for Toyota approved servicing centres near you - they may be branded as other dealerships (the one near me is a Nissan dealer) but they use Toyota parts and your warranty won't be affected :)

I saved almost £100 last year going to the Nissan dealer over the Toyota one which was 200 yards down the road - and I still had a FTSH when I sold up ;)

thats very expensive! When I did mine in Reading 1st major service (Oct 2006) it cost £105, the second major (Oct 2007) service I did in Nottingham and it was £130 i think I will check this as I have receipts......Both at Mr T. Now its due for 3rd major service and I think I saw a sign at my local Mr T (Peterborough) for £149. I hope its not over 200 squids otherwise I can't afford it.....uni has depleted me of all money and left an angry HSBC chasing me to pay the overdraft off :(

I would ring around, tbh I would rather get Toyota to do it as they normally do a very good job and clean your car and vacuum it as well (Nottingham even gave me a Castrol engine oil kit for free!)

Hi

Please be gentle with me this is my first post.

My lovely Yaris is due to have its 20,000 miles / 2 year service next week and the dealership wont give me a straight answer and I cant find anything on the Toyota website.

The dealership are implying that I need to arrange my service through them at a cost of £230. However other more local garages - including kwick fit and other car dealerships would charge £140 and up.

Clearly I wouldnt want to pay any additional money to the dealer for the same service as I can recieve with another car dealership. Also, i dont have much respect for the dealership where I bought my car - but it was the only dealer in the city where I could purchase my much loved toyota!

I am concerned about my warranty and wonder - is it is a condition of Toyota that you must choose the dealsership you purchased your car for servicing to keep the warranty valid?

Any info or advice much appreciate.

Thanks

Cals

Looks like you will have only Arnold Shark or Shields to deal with, i haven't heard anything good about Arnold Clark on the price front. As mentioned by everyone else, provided genuine parts are used the warranty isn't affected, do you know an independent you trust?

Other wise why not play the local dealers off each other on Price and see if you can get the cost down?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links