Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning!

klasu

I have a Touota Hilux 4WD D4D-2003 and did perform a oil change in gearboxes and final drives. As oil in the rear final drive did I use Mobil Delvac LS 75W90.

Everything was supposed to be ok, all API / SAE classifications did match, the oil was intended for limited slip differentials (LS marking). After the oil change was there a slight knocking sound in the rear final drive when turning. After some investigation did I find out that this particular oil is not suitable for the car in question, as there are some inproper additives in the oil.

As I contacted Exxonmobil and my Toyota dealer was both avare of this matter.

Have anybody else experienced this? ...hope not

• 2 weeks later...

i have never changed the gearbox oil and final driver, however it would be a good idea to know what is the propper oil recomanded. Please if you have the correct data sheet, let me know. I have toyota hilux 1990 model

Sounds like you have used an 75/90 multigrade gear oil in the diff, when in fact you need an LSD oil TOC supplier Opie Oils does THIS OIL

You can download a pdf spec sheet from this website too

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds like you have used an 75/90 multigrade gear oil in the diff, when in fact you need an LSD oil TOC supplier OPIE OILS does THIS OIL

You can download a pdf spec sheet from this website too

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well yes, I did use a 75/90 multigrade oil intended for limited slip differentials (LS marking) but never the less did the oil not suit Toyota limited slip differentials due to some oiladditives. This fact was known by both Toyota dealers and Mobil, which I did learn later.

The oil you reccomend is unfortunately not for sale here but I did get a suitable oil from my local dealer, thanks for your advice anyway

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links