Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Headlight Bulb Replacement

sook1

Late 02 corolla hatchback....the dreaded drivers' side ( ?offside? ) low-beam headlamp bulb has gone on Saturday. I got warned by the police last night.

Can someone please come up with ( a link to ) clear instructions how to get at it ? ...bearing in mind I have no idea what that big electrical lump just behind the light assembly is. ( Engine timing / management ??? ). It has that look about it that says 'move me at your peril'.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there and welcome to the forums. The big scary looking lump with the pipes coming out of it is the abs.

As you have already found out, replacing the drivers' light is a pain. There are a number of options to you so here goes:

• Use a small child who takes instructions well
  • remove the abs and hope you put it back correctly
  • remove the front bumper which will allow you to take the lens off and have free access to the bulbs
  • get a pair of needle nose pliers with a bent end and a mirror
  • take it to a garage

On the forums, believe it or not, each of these has been successfully employed at least once by someone. I have only had this light blow once and I took it to the garage and it cost me a tenner (plus the bulb which I already had). The bent needle nose pliers seems to be the more common option these days though.

Good luck.

bttt

Please ....anyone...?

Welcome to the Club :thumbsup:

Agree with Marc's advice :yes:

Going forward, posting in the Corolla section will give more responses :) hopefully :lol: :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links