Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Motoring Tax

john1944

It was a load of corporate balderdash and kinda put me off shell - but ive got no morals so if they offered me a well paid job id take it :D :P

I love it! :lol:

Shell beat the BP figure, they only made $10.9 BILLION dollars :eek: only a 71% rise in profit. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm happy with that if my pension company actually make a few quid out of them

Shell USED to be a good company to work for, but like everybody else, they got rid of lots of people and took on contractors, hardly anybody at Stanlow actually works for Shell these days

Kingo :thumbsup:

I had some good times with Shell - mostly around eating and drinking in Ireland ;)

The good old days of Corporate Hospitality ....... :P :lol:

Though BP wasn't all bad mind.... One of the people I worked with at BP had the best job I can think of, with their shipping company. Used have have to make sure the PC Games (yup, really!) would work ok and install them on board the tankers, flying to wherever they may be to do it - AND .... each day at sea after a certain number meant an extra days holiday.

He told me one time he was stuck in Singapore just waiting around for 3 weeks because the tanker got diverted to a place with a better crude spot price. He was getting paid, nothing to do and accuring extra holidays for being away from home!

Awful, huh! I wanted that job :yes:

I used to deal with the Shell Aviation Petroleum Oils and Lubricants division on a regular basis.

In the early days the contacts were friendly, efficient and always recognisable..............as they got rid of more permanant staff and bought in the contractors the standards of customer care slipped downwards very quickly.

Contract staff did not cost Shell so much money, so they made more profit as a company......................Sadly that is the way it is all going, customer care seems to take a back seat nowdays :(

It was a load of corporate balderdash and kinda put me off shell - but ive got no morals so if they offered me a well paid job id take it :D :P

I love it! :lol:

Ive taught her well.... :lol:

Ignor the crap the spew, if there want to pay you 80grand a year for sitting on your *****, take the money and run :lol:

What people need to remember is BP sales are over $100 billion every 3 months in the US alone, £6.4 billion in profit is a tiny percentage of sales. If they were to cut the price of every litre of oil they sell by 1.7p they would have made a loss!

What we really need is our government to sort out the tax to a fixed £/litre rate rather than a percentage like it is now. All the percentage means is they make more cash from rising oil prices.

What people need to remember is BP sales are over $100 billion every 3 months in the US alone, £6.4 billion in profit is a tiny percentage of sales. If they were to cut the price of every litre of oil they sell by 1.7p they would have made a loss!

What we really need is our government to sort out the tax to a fixed £/litre rate rather than a percentage like it is now. All the percentage means is they make more cash from rising oil prices.

Umm.. It is, actually :P - The actual VAT take is variable, based on the overall price like any VAT-ratable good (and is 17.5% BUT should be 5% like other energy products) but the fuel duty is a fixed rate per litre, with the amount varying depending on which fuel it is.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links